Android Debugging mode

junii

Notable
Feb 17, 2018
I have a LG Stylo 2 Plus and debugging mode is supposedly turned on, when I plug it into my computer it still tells me to turn on debugging mode, i've tried numerous amounts of wires, the computer and phone can have a file transfer and everything. Now before you start assuming, no im not trying to root, im a freelancer and trying to sample something on android 6.0.1. Please help I need this working in 2 days.

Solution

Do you have ADB installed? How this usually works:

1. Find "About Phone" in settings
2. Find "Build Number"... or kernel. I can never remember.
3. Tap it 7 times, you should see a toast counting down. It'll let you know when you've enabled dev settings.
4. Go into dev settings and check to see that a flag for "USB debugging...

Do you have ADB installed? How this usually works:

1. Find "About Phone" in settings
2. Find "Build Number"... or kernel. I can never remember.
3. Tap it 7 times, you should see a toast counting down. It'll let you know when you've enabled dev settings.
4. Go into dev settings and check to see that a flag for "USB debugging enabled" is set.
5. Go online, search "Minimal ADB and Fastboot"; should have an XDA post, download and install it.
6. If you didn't add ADB to path, go to the containing folder and open up a command prompt by right clicking while left shift is held
7. Type "ADB devices"
8. It should bring up a prompt on your phone screen asking for authorization. Check remember and go ok.
9. Do what it is you want to do in ADB.

Dev settings is also where basically all the other stuff is for debugging as well. Your computer won't do diddly if you don't have the Android Debug Bridge (ADB) installed, however, and it's not a driver that usually comes automatically with a phone.

Also... there's nothing inherently wrong with rooting, even if that is what you were up to. It's not illegal and it doesn't break any rules.

Solution

junii

Notable
Feb 17, 2018

My phone doesnt as to allow anything...