[SOLVED] Android emulator is lagging/stuttering on PC

kvintanzil

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2015
so i used to be able to play games on this android emulator called "NoxPlayer" very smoothly but then i take a break from playing android games, today i decided to open the app again and maybe play some games but then when i reached the home screen, it's lagging / stuttering so much even though i haven't opened any app yet, even side scrolling feels very heavy

it happen right after i updated the NoxPlayed from version 6.2.0.0 to the latest version, so i thought maybe i should try other android emulator apps and then i installed MEmu, but same problem persist. at home screen it feels so laggy again!

then i decided to roll back my NoxPlayer to version 6.2.0.0, thankfully i can download that version from the website and now it feels normal again
my questions is how come my computer is not compatible with the latest versions of android emulator? is it because i am not enabling that thing called Cpu VT or something? because i had to make change in the bios i never dare to do it, strange in the older version it doesn't seem to be a problem though.

my computer spec is more than high enough to run this emulator, also i have the latest version of windows10 update. the site says that i can uninstall system patch KB41000347 on Windows 10 to increase CPU performance https://www.bignox.com/blog/uninstall-system-patch-kb41000347-increase-cpu-performance/

could it be the issue? what's that update anyway and is it safe to uninstall in favor of this emulator?

Solution
I probably cant help you with the emulator things but I can say that CPU VT is just "virtualization technology" which allows you to run virtual machines on your cpu, it wont hurt anything and I am willing to bet that the emulator just runs a virtualized version of android. I can understand not wanting to mess with the BIOS but that one setting wont hurt anything(I would suggest not messing with voltages and such but thats another topic)

As for the patch, I would say that the saying "Security is paramount" would be in play here. There is obviously a reason that patch was created and I would keep it installed to ensure your remain under best security practices. The patch itself only has problems with the Haswell CPUs. Do you have a...
I probably cant help you with the emulator things but I can say that CPU VT is just "virtualization technology" which allows you to run virtual machines on your cpu, it wont hurt anything and I am willing to bet that the emulator just runs a virtualized version of android. I can understand not wanting to mess with the BIOS but that one setting wont hurt anything(I would suggest not messing with voltages and such but thats another topic)

As for the patch, I would say that the saying "Security is paramount" would be in play here. There is obviously a reason that patch was created and I would keep it installed to ensure your remain under best security practices. The patch itself only has problems with the Haswell CPUs. Do you have a haswell? If not, removing it would not help you out p[erformance wise anyways.

Cheers,
MrFace

Reactions: kvintanzil
Solution

kvintanzil

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2015

As for the patch, I would say that the saying "Security is paramount" would be in play here. There is obviously a reason that patch was created and I would keep it installed to ensure your remain under best security practices. The patch itself only has problems with the Haswell CPUs. Do you have a haswell? If not, removing it would not help you out p[erformance wise anyways.

Cheers,
MrFace

thanks! i enabled Cpu VT from the bios and now the emulator run very smooth even without uninstalling that windows update!

TRENDING THREADS