Jlg823

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2013
So I'm putting this post in Graphics Cards because I believe it probably has something to do with my GPU. So currently I am trying to play a Mobile game, Black Desert Mobile, on an emulator and randomly out of nowhere the FPS will go from 60fps and lock itself at 30fps. In order to get it back to 60fps I have to either reboot it or go into the options menu and set it from 30fps to "Device Maximum". I've tried things such as: turn off g-sync and v-sync, limit the FPS, uncap the FPS, re-install drivers, update drivers, and many different emulators.

It appears as though it happens specifically when I have another game open on my main monitor. I have two monitors, both are 144hz and are connected to the same GTX 1080. When I have a game on my main monitor, let's say for example COD: Modern Warfare and then on my second monitor have the emulator running BDO: Mobile, It's more likely to lock the FPS on the emulator to 30fps. Now, if I have everything closed and only the emulator open then the FPS does NOT get limited at all. So what's the consensus? Any more things I can try?

Specs: i7-7700k @4.8ghz | MSI GTX 1080 | 16GB DDR4 RAM | 240GB SSD | 1TB HDD

Jlg823

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2013
How many cores does the emulator have access to?
If the emulator has access to all cores and the windows game has access to all cores then something has to give...
I've tried doing different configurations of using only the 4 psychical cores running the game with the 4 hyper-threaded cores running the emulator and still no good sadly. Also tried limiting the main game to 1 core and the emulator to 4+ and still nothing.