Android Lollipop's Best New Security Features

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kary K

Reputable
Oct 20, 2014
The Android App Delayed Lock already allows you to keep your phone unlocked when paired with a bluetooth device, or when connected to certain Wi-Fi networks. Very handy.

Kary K

Reputable
Oct 20, 2014
The Android App Delayed Lock already allows you to keep your phone unlocked when paired with a bluetooth device, or when connected to certain Wi-Fi networks. Very handy.

So when you're robbed and someone takes all your devices your phone is still unlocked...brilliant "security" measure. Android and security...two words never to be used in the same sentence. Making the "Factory Reset Protection" opt-in only is absolutely ridiculous. At least you'll be able to get Lollipop in say 6-8 months after it's released..lol

There is some possibility of that, but it locks pretty quickly when no longer connected. I let it be unlocked when at home or in my car (BT from car stereo), but not at the office.

rubberjohnson

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2006

So when you're robbed and someone takes all your devices your phone is still unlocked...brilliant "security" measure. Android and security...two words never to be used in the same sentence. Making the "Factory Reset Protection" opt-in only is absolutely ridiculous. At least you'll be able to get Lollipop in say 6-8 months after it's released..lol

There is some possibility of that, but it locks pretty quickly when no longer connected. I let it be unlocked when at home or in my car (BT from car stereo), but not at the office.

Please don't reply to the Trolls Kary. It's easier to ignore the Apple shill then counter his BS.

fkr

Splendid
or you just go to android device manager on the web and set a new password and remotely wipe the device.

https://www.google.com/android/devicemanager

seriously people who do not how to control there tech just piss themselves off while I laugh.

you can track the device and get complete path tracking for the entire lifetime of that email account. or you can delete it. it is your info to use and control.

but in the end all I know is that 75% of all tech support calls for mobile devices were apple related so thank god for the easy work.

and also of interesting note is that it seemed like 80% of people who had issues with android were one who lived in the sticks.

mykalios

Honorable
Oct 16, 2013
No offense to Apple users in general, but with Android if you actually do your homework and are moderately techy, then you wont have any problems. Apple was smart by making its products almost idiot proof, but yet like fkr said if you listen to these tech calls for Apple users you realize they are completely retarded when it comes to technology (or modern science i imagine).

Google's mistake is that they have to much faith in the average user (Oops)

ajiam

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2012
"... if you decide to pair the phone with a smartwatch, which is much closer to your phone, it would be preferable to use NFC."
Don't most (right-handed) people wear their watch on their left wrist and use their phone with their right hand?

Kary K

Reputable
Oct 20, 2014

What's the range of NFC? I thought it was inches.

ajiam

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2012
That is my point. Why does the author suggest that NFC is better for such a purpose if its range is only 4cm?

Status
Not open for further replies.