Question Android phone as a amp with headset for pc

May 2, 2019
Hi all first time poster longtime lurker

I'm currently on holiday and decided to take my gaming heaset on the trip to use for teamspeak and listning to music. When i noticed the audio quality is far better on my phone not only is it way louder but way better range of sounds. While listening to many base heavy songs they feel like subwoofers on my head and with vocals and instrumentals they sound way clearer.

Just wanting to know if there is a way to connect my phone through usb to mt pc and use my gaming headset plugged into the 3.5mm jack i have the means to do this with standard connectors but will i need speacial software?

My motherboard at home is a ROG maximus formula IX and my phone is a samsung note 5

Thanks for anyhelp in advance

Your rog motherboard has supreme fx, I dont recall how is the control panel called but you can adjust the loudness like normal -> extreme (aplifying the sound) and bass , equalizer and etc.
Since your motherboard has supreme fx there should be control panel of it if you have installed the 700mb package od the realtek drivers, also I would suggest you to install from motherboard disc, as Ive had issues working it normally on my Maximus board when downloaded the updated version of it.

Reactions: Oldmate1337
May 2, 2019
Your rog motherboard has supreme fx, I dont recall how is the control panel called but you can adjust the loudness like normal -> extreme (aplifying the sound) and bass , equalizer and etc.
Since your motherboard has supreme fx there should be control panel of it if you have installed the 700mb package od the realtek drivers, also I would suggest you to install from motherboard disc, as Ive had issues working it normally on my Maximus board when downloaded the updated version of it.
Yeah I've played around with supreme fx a fair bit with all sorts of eq's + power lvls and fully installed the drivers but the sound quality still seems far superior when using my headset on my samsung note5

Hmm try this? Ive looked that into long time ago when root was required tbh.

Reactions: Oldmate1337
D

Deleted member 14196

i agree with hang-the-9 here. and external DAC. i adore my $99 Schiit Fulla at work. very versatile

"
  • Use it as an amp. Connect your phone (or any other analog source) to the convenient front jack.
  • Use it as a preamp. Connect to powered monitors or speaker amps using the variable outputs on the back.
  • Use it as a DAC. Connect to an external preamp or processor with the fixed 2V line outs on the back, or use the variable outputs for convenient volume control as well.
  • Use it with phones, tablets, or computers with low-powered USB ports. We’ve included a second USB port for power input. Plug in your phone charger (or any other 5V DC source with micro-USB output) and Fulla 2 tells your source it doesn’t need any power.
"
and the sound is superb, especially when paired with nice headphones. you won't want to use the phone, the USB DAC is where it's at for the best sound