[SOLVED] android phone fell in water and doesn't charge

doomofzoom

Commendable
Sep 23, 2017
My Xiaomi pocophone fell in wate for like a second or two, when I took it out speakers were sounding distorted but the charging port was initially fine, I put the phone in rice for approximately 2 hours, then I took it out and speakers were working fine, but as I put it to charge overnight and woke up the next day I found out that the charging port is not working, it been about 7 hours since it fell, is there anything I can do now? I tried putting two pieces of rice in the charging port and I left it for 30 minutes but the issue was not fixed, I also tried using a hairdryer on low settings but still, the issue is there, I tried using a cotton swab to remove the water but still no luck.
thank you in advance

Wolfshadw

Titan
When I dropped my Alcatel Android phone in the water, I took it apart and let it sit for two DAYS to dry. It still acts weird at times, but works for the most part. I think we should count ourselves lucky that it works at all.

-Wolf sends

doomofzoom

Commendable
Sep 23, 2017
Ideally, you should've switched off the phone after it dropped into the water. Then have it in rice or a hygroscopic agent, even a desiccator to rid the phone of moisture.
thanks, I put it in a jar of rice for 2 hours and it can charge now, however it is not fast charging even tho I am using a fast charger, any idea how can I fix this?

Wolfshadw

Titan
When I dropped my Alcatel Android phone in the water, I took it apart and let it sit for two DAYS to dry. It still acts weird at times, but works for the most part. I think we should count ourselves lucky that it works at all.

-Wolf sends

britechguy

Commendable
Jul 2, 2019
You don't dry out an electronic device that's been underwater, even briefly, in a matter of hours. It is generally a "several days" long process, at least, and that's even when the device is placed in an "accelerated drying" environment such as the interior of an automobile with the windows up.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS