[SOLVED] android phone fell in water and doesn't charge

doomofzoom

Commendable
Sep 23, 2017
My Xiaomi pocophone fell in wate for like a second or two, when I took it out speakers were sounding distorted but the charging port was initially fine, I put the phone in rice for approximately 2 hours, then I took it out and speakers were working fine, but as I put it to charge overnight and woke up the next day I found out that the charging port is not working, it been about 7 hours since it fell, is there anything I can do now? I tried putting two pieces of rice in the charging port and I left it for 30 minutes but the issue was not fixed, I also tried using a hairdryer on low settings but still, the issue is there, I tried using a cotton swab to remove the water but still no luck.
thank you in advance

Solution
When I dropped my Alcatel Android phone in the water, I took it apart and let it sit for two DAYS to dry. It still acts weird at times, but works for the most part. I think we should count ourselves lucky that it works at all.

-Wolf sends

doomofzoom

Commendable
Sep 23, 2017
Ideally, you should've switched off the phone after it dropped into the water. Then have it in rice or a hygroscopic agent, even a desiccator to rid the phone of moisture.
thanks, I put it in a jar of rice for 2 hours and it can charge now, however it is not fast charging even tho I am using a fast charger, any idea how can I fix this?

Wolfshadw

Titan
When I dropped my Alcatel Android phone in the water, I took it apart and let it sit for two DAYS to dry. It still acts weird at times, but works for the most part. I think we should count ourselves lucky that it works at all.

-Wolf sends

Solution

britechguy

Commendable
Jul 2, 2019
You don't dry out an electronic device that's been underwater, even briefly, in a matter of hours. It is generally a "several days" long process, at least, and that's even when the device is placed in an "accelerated drying" environment such as the interior of an automobile with the windows up.