Question Android phone not connecting to Home WiFi but everything else is fine

Apr 12, 2020
Hi. I've an Asus ZenFone 6. One day phone stopped connecting to my home wifi. It connects to all other wifi networks and all other devices at home is connecting to home network.. I've done the below but problem still exists:
  1. Forget SSID and connect again
  2. Restart router
  3. Restart phone
  4. Checked the router timezone and confirmed it's same as phone
  5. Created guest network.. not connecting to that either

Home wifi network is displayed in the list of available WiFi networks and saved too. If we select network, phone will display SSID settings. Long press and select connect, simply does nothing. The major change on phone before this surfaced was that I updated the firmware to latest version which enabled VoWiFi in certain regions but not in the region I am in..

Please help..

kanewolf

Titan
Hi. I've an Asus ZenFone 6. One day phone stopped connecting to my home wifi. It connects to all other wifi networks and all other devices at home is connecting to home network.. I've done the below but problem still exists:
  1. Forget SSID and connect again
  2. Restart router
  3. Restart phone
  4. Checked the router timezone and confirmed it's same as phone
  5. Created guest network.. not connecting to that either
Home wifi network is displayed in the list of available WiFi networks and saved too. If we select network, phone will display SSID settings. Long press and select connect, simply does nothing. The major change on phone before this surfaced was that I updated the firmware to latest version which enabled VoWiFi in certain regions but not in the region I am in..

Please help..
It is possible your router is using WIFI channels that your phone doesnt' support. Ensure you 2.4Ghz is on channel 1, 6, 11 (NOT 13) and try your 5Ghz on a channel around 40. Also be sure your channel width is set to 20Mhz or Auto on 2.4Ghz and to 40Mhz on 5Ghz. Those are the most universally supported settings.

Apr 12, 2020
It is possible your router is using WIFI channels that your phone doesnt' support. Ensure you 2.4Ghz is on channel 1, 6, 11 (NOT 13) and try your 5Ghz on a channel around 40. Also be sure your channel width is set to 20Mhz or Auto on 2.4Ghz and to 40Mhz on 5Ghz. Those are the most universally supported settings.
Thank you for the suggestion.. tried it but situation is still the same

TRENDING THREADS