android.process.media has stopped.

B0reas

Reputable
Jun 2, 2015
Tried downloading an image from a discord server on the android app, now getting this error over and over and over. Disabled media storage and cleared data, now gallery is showing as blank.

Tried going here: https://appuals.com/android-process-media-has-stopped/

And attempting the aforementioned steps, which suggested disabling media storage.. Now my phone is even more screwed up since like I said, can't view anything in gallery, no videos, etc. I'm assuming the data is still on the drive but the app isn't registering it as there. If so I can pull it off from a USB but, the underlying problem is this error message that keeps coming up. How do I fix this? Discord support has offered exactly zero help with this after multiple contact attempts.

Edit: Using galaxy Note 3, Android 5.0

shahbaz200

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2012
Enable it again.
Turn off your phone. Press and hold home button + volume up + power button all together. As the screen turns on keep pressing others but release power button only. You should be in recovery mode now, use volume up and down keys to move through selection and power button to select it. You need to select wipe cache partition and dalvik cache if you have one. Reboot device, it should take a little bit longer to boot on first try. Your data will be safe.

B0reas

Reputable
Jun 2, 2015

Hey thanks for the reply, I did get to the boot menu and wiped the cache partition, didn't see a "dalvik" cache in the list. Restarting resulted in the same problem, repeated errors until I had to turn off Media Storage again.

B0reas

Reputable
Jun 2, 2015

Bump, still not resolved... Not sure what to do here.

TRENDING THREADS