Android Runtime To See Major Performance Boost Thanks To Redesigned Compiler

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulBags

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2015
Yeah but xposed only run on dalvik so...

Where there's a dev, there's a way. Give it time and they'll update.[/quote]

Here's hoping, last I looked xposed dev didn't think it would be anytime soon though.

kenjitamura

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2012
Android is the biggest piece of <Mod Edit> that permeated from the minds of man,,i got 3 devices,,none of have the same version of Android,,thats <Mod Edit>,,you know iOS come out with an upgrade and its available to all Apple device users,,even Windows has many versions but new versions are available to all,,,i am tiring of Android,,considering going to iOS,its seems like only a select few get access to new Android versions,i got 2 devices that look like they may never get Lollipop,i dont think this is right,,i am no different than anyone else,i would love to have the newest and best available to me,but with Android that seems to be a dream,it wont happen,,seems like 25 yrs from now i may still have 4,2 or 4,4 on a device,,so no more Android for me,my next device will be APPLE, good bye Android,,it wasnt fun,and i dont see myself ever going back,ever if they fix this current broken system of getting new versions,i have wasted enough money on Android devices that seem to be forgotten as fr as OS upgrades go,,money wasted

You bought the wrong android devices. This is only a problem for Android devices that are made in places like China because they are WILLINGLY ignoring the copyright laws imposed for making Android devices. They don't release source code which is required by the Android/Linux licenses but you know China and their mindset on everything copyright is <Mod Edit>.

Android devices that use chipsets from manufacturers like Nvidia, Qualcomm, Samsung, Intel, TI, and AMD all publicly release source code. With this source code independent developers or even lay-people can just do some simple port work to get it working with AOSP code or Cyanogenmod for newer android versions.

thuckabay

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2009
Google and Android are here taking a page from Microsoft—specifically Microsoft's .NET platform, which uses an Intermediate Language much as Google is now describing their coming IR. So, as some of us have been saying, Microsoft has been technologically ahead of the pack this whole time.

Status
Not open for further replies.