Android Tablet Issues

Omnytrix

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2013
Here's my problem. I've got over 3 terabytes of movies and tv shows that I painstakingly converted to m4v and labeled with metadata for use on my iPad. I then decided to purchase a galaxy tab A. The issue I'm having is that no app I can find properly sorts the files I'm loading onto the tab into the correct episode and season order. What do I do? Do I really need to rename ALL my files just for android to properly sort them? VLC is no help.

Omnytrix

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2013

Second appp I tried, it can't read the metadata direct from the m4v files, it can only scrape the info from IMDB, but that's only if I rename the file to include the tv show name, the season number, and episode number. Which I realllyyyy don't want to have to do for all my shows :(.

For TV serries download a software called Sonaar (on windows/linux pc). You can scan your library and then it should find all of your shows, from there you can do a mass rename of all of your seasons/episodes.

Another software option is called Media Center Manager (windows software). It can also do custom mass folder name changing

You could also run plex. Plex has the ability to read the metadata and extract it to nfo file.

How is your current file names setup?

Omnytrix

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2013

Currently each tv show has its own folder, labeled with the tv show name. Each file is named with the episode name.

Omnytrix

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2013

Now I am a total noob, so I'm not sure if those are windows apps or android apps. What are NFO files and would I just put the files in a folder named with the name of the tv series, and the NFO files in a separate folder? Or would I need to put the NFO folder IN the tv show folder?

Sorry for confusion.

Both Sonaar and Media Center Master are Windows software. You would put it on the machine holding the files.
NFO files is what XBMC/Kodi uses.
Here is what structure should be (will use [] to dictate a folder)

Movies: [Name Of Movie, The (you can also have year or quality or other things you want) ] Name of Movie, The.m4v
TV Shows: [NameofTVShow] [Season 1] S01E01 - Name Of Episode.m4v

For Movies the jpgs and NFO files and everything for that movie is in its folder
For TV Shows it gets a little more involved by Kodi's Scrapper will take care of that. in the Serries folder you have the TV Show imags and NFO file, as well as image files for each season's dvd cover. Then under each season folder you have individual nfo and jpg files for each episode named the same as the episode file.

I frankly would try Media Center Master first as it will have better scanning tools and me a little easier to setup.
You will need to point it to your media collection and it should then go to work scanning. You can then setup custom rename parameters. You will have to also set it up to output for Kodi format. Sorry i am not at home right now so cant give you more specific information on what menu to go to.

It is a painfull process to get your media all situated into an organized format but after you get your current library switched over then it will be pretty easy to keep new media structured.

Omnytrix

Distinguished
Jul 19, 2013

Honestly I'm just going to return the tab and just keep my iPad. Too much work for 3 TERABYTES of video. Thank you for your help though.