Jake-w-edwards

Reputable
Aug 25, 2015
If you don't want to see the opening go to the next paragraph. Hi Guys, been looking at the newer apple products recently and have been swayed to at least try an iPhone out. I have always been a die hard Android fan, but recently looking deeper into the grasp that google has on me I find myself wanting to completely change. To add some context, I found the "My Activity" tab. It labelled things such as every search, my location, what apps I used and when I opened them. This was all a bit strange to see and yes I know that this information will be use to provide you with services, but this seems to be deeply integrated into Google. The topping on the cake was that I am using a Huawei P20 Pro. The technology is amazing, but the software and stuff is of course still android and with the EMUI skin. With the recent troubles with Huawei I am eager to move away from them. I know there may not be any evidence of anything being done but it will always be in my mind.

So I ask, has anyone successfully switched from Android to iphone and not gone back. I ask this cause I currently have an iPhone 7 Plus to play around with and by what I see I will be having problems with WhatsApp specifically as I apparently cannot transfer the chats?!?! Now I do have alot of chats on android which are all backed up to the drive. I can't help but think its a shame to not bring them with me. It has historic chats with people close to me, partner, family, friends etc which I would have to start all over again. Is it worth giving this up to get into the apple eco system? I wouldn't mind as much but once you log into the WhatsApp on another phone it locks you out on the original app. What would you do? Please No Android vs iPhone arguments as I don't want anything to get out of hand.

Thanks for your help.

Solution
Actually you can transfer the WhatApp message history between phones "Android and IOS" you just need to use a third-party app if that is your only issue.

I'm a pretty basic phone user, I don't game on my phone unless its something simple like bowling or solitary. There are things about each ecosystem I like better over the other but neither am I stuck on. For me iTunes is the issue with Apple, I hate it very much and you are forced to use it. iTunes has no Linux support and I use Linux 80% of the time so having to run Wine or a VM or just wait till I am around my Windows gaming PC is irritating.

Currently, I have both an iPhone and an Android phone. The iPhone is mandatory for work and I use Android as my personal phone...

delaro

Judicious
Ambassador
Actually you can transfer the WhatApp message history between phones "Android and IOS" you just need to use a third-party app if that is your only issue.

I'm a pretty basic phone user, I don't game on my phone unless its something simple like bowling or solitary. There are things about each ecosystem I like better over the other but neither am I stuck on. For me iTunes is the issue with Apple, I hate it very much and you are forced to use it. iTunes has no Linux support and I use Linux 80% of the time so having to run Wine or a VM or just wait till I am around my Windows gaming PC is irritating.

Currently, I have both an iPhone and an Android phone. The iPhone is mandatory for work and I use Android as my personal phone, there is nothing about either one that makes me want to use them all the time.

Apple= Cutting edge software, cameras, and security also with limited storage and forced use of crap iTunes.
Android= Buggy, bloatware but I have unlimited storage so I carry around 128gb of music.

Solution