Andy Rubin Stepping Down as Android Head

Status
Not open for further replies.

dalethepcman

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2010
With all the awesome Innovation coming from Google, (glass, self driving cars, android, chrome, docs, gmail, let alone search) one wonders why they weren't the most valuable company in the world a few months back over a fruit company with all their products based around a single point of failure (itunes)

aicom

Honorable
Mar 29, 2012
[citation][nom]dalethepcman[/nom]With all the awesome Innovation coming from Google, (glass, self driving cars, android, chrome, docs, gmail, let alone search) one wonders why they weren't the most valuable company in the world a few months back over a fruit company with all their products based around a single point of failure (itunes)[/citation]

Because the stock market doesn't care how awesome your innovation is. All they see is $$$ in profit. That's why it's an oil company sitting on top now (take your pick of tech companies; I'll bet most/all of them are innovating more than Exxon)

Vettedude

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2009
[citation][nom]aicom[/nom]Because the stock market doesn't care how awesome your innovation is. All they see is $$$ in profit. That's why it's an oil company sitting on top now (take your pick of tech companies; I'll bet most/all of them are innovating more than Exxon)[/citation]
Tech companies are a lot more volatile. Any of their innovations can flop, but the world runs on oil. That's the reason Exxon is #1. They are a rock solid company. Kinda like Philip Morris, nothing like an addicted user base to feed you consistent profits.

STravis

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2009
[citation][nom]dalethepcman[/nom]With all the awesome Innovation coming from Google, (glass, self driving cars, android, chrome, docs, gmail, let alone search) one wonders why they weren't the most valuable company in the world a few months back over a fruit company with all their products based around a single point of failure (itunes)[/citation]

They still aren't.

jeremyaaron6

Honorable
Mar 13, 2013
just before I saw the draft that said 5949, I have faith ...that...my cousin had been realy erning money part-time at their laptop.. there dads buddy has been doing this 4 less than a year and a short time ago paid for the depts on there house and bought Mercedes-Benz S-class. we looked here, http://www.pie21.com

Status
Not open for further replies.