Andyson Platinum R1200 Power Supply Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackmagnum

Honorable
May 14, 2012
Thank you for the read. Did you know that the power feeding this PSU can instead be fed into 3 normal sized machines? The power of choice is yours to make, but electricity will not be infinite.

Teapo capacitors are a hit and miss. I'd say if your running it 24/7 as a coin mining machine with high load it would not last 10 years. For normal use with a few hours gaming per day it might be ok, but 10 years is a long shot for even the best capacitors not to have some degradation.

daglesj

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2007
Can we have some reviews of really high quality 300-600W PSUs? You know the ones that 90% of us here would actually use/need.

Thank you for the read. Did you know that the power feeding this PSU can instead be fed into 3 normal sized machines? The power of choice is yours to make, but electricity will not be infinite.

Did you know that anyone who cares about this PSU, isnt going to be thinking about the 3 400w HTPCs that it could run. Keep your politics out of a PSU review lol.

Always nice to see reviews of the high end stuff but really the 300-850watt range will cover the needs of 99% of readers of the side.
Now lets see if Andyson can follow up and start putting out decent lower power units.

Can we have some reviews of really high quality 300-600W PSUs? You know the ones that 90% of us here would actually use/need.
i disagree, can we get a roundup of complete rubbish generic psu's like low end radimax and the like and watch them burn! i think it needs to be done to show people what not to buy.

Yes, absolutely. Same with other OEMs like Channel Well that know how to make good PSUs but instead churn out cost-cutting junk because that's the best contracts that they can win. I am not forgiving when it comes to PSUs.

Nuwan Fernando

Distinguished
In the power specification section it says 200 Amps on 12V line and mention as 1200W. And also in the passage it says it can deliver 100 Amps on 12V line. So I guess it should be 100 Amps on the specification also.

you are allowed your opinion but frankly the OEM means little to me compared to actual build quality, independent performance review, and the brands CS on the warranty. If CWT makes cheap PSU because the brand gives them a low price point, I could care less. If there is a very good PSU at a great price with a solid brand CS behind it that happens to be made by CWT, I could care less and I'll get it if I need a new PSU.

^^ ...and this is why JP needs to make the PSU expert badges very hard to get. I'm tired of seeing num-nums with red badges especially. PSU master currently only requires 50 points, yet frivilous badges like gaming master take like 150 points...

Seriously would you buy this RAIDMAX to power 1200W of components? Might as well put some potatos in series.

ykki

Honorable

......or lemons!

I am by all means no power supply expert (probably not even a novice though my badge says otherwise lol) but the people on Toms do tend to be very stubborn and closed-minded when it comes to accepting or considering anything other than Seasonic or Superflower. I feel like dirtyferret has a solid point. I bet if Seasonic had designed this exact same PSU people would be like "Oh my gosh this a great power supply".

ykki

Honorable

Thank you sir. Also can anyone deny the irony that the article is from corsair? :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.