Angelica2, new fx 8350, heatsink no bracket clips on motherboard.

ebayguy2006

Reputable
Jul 9, 2016
I cant find a way to use the heatsink that came with the new cpu upgrade. No brackets on the motherboard. Cant seem to find a retention bracket or adaptor, for what i beleive is an AM3-b? Is there an adapter for the 4 screw holes so i can clip in this heatsink or any other ideas?

Current old fan is 644724-001. I cant find any info on it. Tempted to just use it w new cpu. Old cpu was fx 6120.

ebayguy2006

Reputable
Jul 9, 2016
Thanks for the forum pointer, but ive scoured web for 8hrs before posting this. Frustration got to a new level. Im going to attempt to use my stock hp fan instead of the 8350 fan. Got some software now to monitor heat. I hear so much negatives of fx 8350 fan noise, so i really dont want to use it anyway. Im sure the heatsink is better, but fan appears not to be. I did find out that am3+ is same as am3-b. But every retention bracket i looked at on web doesnt have screw holes that aline with what i beleive was a 72mm x72mm screw hole 4p8n square pattern spread on motherboard. Already had an fx 6120 installed so i cant imagine my old fan would not possibly be close enough to working with the 8350. Any confirmations to my beliefs would be great too. As well as confirmation that hyper evo 212 would work. Might get in future. I dont game on it. On firefox 500 tabs open browsing. So dunno how nessacary this even is.