[SOLVED] Angry Birds uninstall

Dec 15, 2022
Don't know if this is correct forum or not but I see game questions here. This game seems to hang up frequently. It never crashes but it doesn't want to connect to its source frequently. I call it source - not sure what it's trying to get to. Anyway, I was thinking maybe I should un-install and re-install to see if it clears out any issues. When I look at Programs on control panel, it is not listed - anybody have any ideas. Thanks.

Solution
AppStore uninstalls I think can be done through powershell, but you need to know some things and I am not 100% positive. Been a while since I have used an app on a desktop.

You can check your temp folders for the installer, or see if there is an uninstaller in the application's directory.

Also the uninstall section of the registry can tell you the uninstall strings.

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall

You can run a search from here for the key words that might represent it.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Mobile apps are different to PC applications. They rely on different, well, pretty much everything to work. Objective C or Java running in a Linux/Unix type kernel vs x86/AMD64 and the Windows Kernel.

The app store for Windows was introduced with Windows 8.1 if memory serves. Before that you couldn't install mobile applications onto a desktop PC without some emulation layer.

Dec 15, 2022
No no desktop version as in a program I purchased. The MS store doesn't show any such game. There must be a way to uninstall this game. I am not sure if its instability is causing the BSODs. Instability infrequent but constant. Thanks.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
AppStore uninstalls I think can be done through powershell, but you need to know some things and I am not 100% positive. Been a while since I have used an app on a desktop.

You can check your temp folders for the installer, or see if there is an uninstaller in the application's directory.

Also the uninstall section of the registry can tell you the uninstall strings.

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall

You can run a search from here for the key words that might represent it.

Solution
Dec 15, 2022
I found the app in settings and was able to uninstall it from there. I do find it suspicious as some features in the game would not work and many times it had a hard time connecting to web. I am now going to run sfcscannow and chkdsk to see if all ok - did have another BSOD last night after playing the game. Hope after all is said and done I can reinstall. It's a fun little play.

Last edited: