Review Angry Miao AFA Review: Right Shift Users Beware

Jarmer

Prominent
Feb 5, 2021
Oof, I really want to like this, but the right shift location is 100% a deal-breaker. I use that button constantly all the time. What on earth were they thinking?

Dec 19, 2022
Oof, I really want to like this, but the right shift location is 100% a deal-breaker. I use that button constantly all the time. What on earth were they thinking?
Honestly this solution with the arrow keys is what I wish all laptops would do. Half size arrow keys are a pain. But that's cause I don't really use the right shift I guess. 🙃

RandomWan

Prominent
Sep 22, 2022
"Coilovers are a type of spring in cars that can be adjusted to prevent bottoming out and overall stiffness. "

No. Coilovers are simply a suspension design that has the spring coils over the shocks instead of separate from the shock, which you still see in some suspension designs (separate spring/shock) to this day .

Most aftermarket coilovers allow you to make adjustments (depending on how they're designed) to ride height (some will let you adjust perch height and ride height independently), and have allowances for you to make adjustments to compression and rebound. Cars with coilovers can still bottom out and that is dependent on how much compression your coilovers allow before hitting the bump stops (prevent the shock piston from bottoming out in the body).

Reactions: drivinfast247

Elusive Ruse

Commendable
Nov 17, 2022
If the cost of changing the M3's coilovers are to go by this keyboard makes as much sense as the kidney grills that keep growing in size.

Dec 20, 2022
You'd have to be daft to buy this thing. It's like they took they took the physical manifestation of the concept of "edgelord", haphazardly chopped it up in a food processor, and build (and priced) a keyboard with it.

I got a Freestyle Edge RGB Keyboard from Kinesis Gaming. (I forgot the name had "Edge" in it when I typed the above... LOL) It's not wireless, and you can't use whatever switches you want, but you have a choice of the most popular Cherry MX, has much better ergonomics options than this thing, is VERY programmable*, and is about a quarter of the price. I've run into a couple small issues with their software but otherwise I am delighted with my purchase. One thing I did do is add O-rings under each key to dampen the sound. https://gaming.kinesis-ergo.com/edge/

* You can actually mount the onboard storage like a drive, and edit the configs with any text editor you want if you don't want to use their software.

Glock24

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2014
This is one ugly and unnecessarily complicated keyboard, I guess there still will be someoe who likes it tough. $800? I wouldn't even pay $20 for that.