Discussion Angry with SSD install issues

Okay, here we go. Another day another issue to try and resolve. I built my own computer (I always do) and I had a system up and running successfully with a Windows 10 install already on a Samsung SSD. I wanted to add additional storage so I bought a second one 'Crucial' Brand of 240GB capacity. I shut the system down, turned off the power. Plugged the SSD in and powered it up. Instant shutdown or rather no startup. So I tried this cycle a couple of times, then powered all the way down again. Unplugged the new one, turned it back on, started fine. So I tried again, still no luck. Then I thought let's see what happens if I make the Crucial the ONLY drive; in theory it might come on and say no operating system found. But nope, still no startup. So I reverted and plugged the original back up and now it gives me a message at startup (with the original working SSD) that says reboot and/or insert working hard drive or some gibberish like that. So the Crucial doesn't work. Why not? Now the Samsung doesn't either. Why not? What to do? It's eerily similar to when I fried two SSD's a few months ago. By the way, any thoughts on how to get those up and going again or are they toast? I don't care about recovering info, just being useful.

Ralston18

Titan
Update your your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

What SATA ports are being used for the SSD's?

Other components may be disabling the SATA ports you are trying to use.

Double check the motherboard's User Guide/Manual with respect to installing SSDs.

Full hardware? Okay, Gigabyte MB (will have to look it up, but a mini-Itx with 1151 socket
EVGA 850 PSU
Samsung 860 SSD running Windows 10
Gigabyte VGA

Not sure precisely why this is important but that's most of it. Don't know what you mean by SATA ports. They're not express I don't believe. Still likely at least 3.0 Like I said, I'd have to go look. I'm upstairs and computer is downstairs. Let's start with this. I've already taken my new SSD to drop off going back to Newegg. I assume they'll automatically send out another.