News Anker Kickstarts Fast 3D Printer With AI Camera Control

durahl

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011
Up to the point of reading 250mm/s for a Bedflinger ( i3 style moving the Print Bed ) I was still somewhat on board with it being a reasonable advertised 3D Printer.

That was until it mentioned running at those speeds for Quality Mode already causing one eyebrow to raise considerably until it then mentioned being capable of doing 2'500mm/s - Yea I don't think so... I've built a 350 sized Voron 2.4 CoreXY ( completely static Print Bed with a Flying Gantry for the Toolhead ) decently capable of holding a high part clearance accuracy at 300mm/s - Anything above that will result in still aesthetically pleasing but functionally not anymore accurate parts like those needed for an accompanying ERCF.

Just to give some perspective - This is what 500mm/s on a for speed modified Voron V0 looks like when printing a fairly complex part with Overhangs and Bridges ( kinda Garbage ) - That V0 has practically no weight in its moving Toolhead and its supporting X-Axis - No Toolhead mounted Part Cooling Fan, no Extruder Motor, etc... enabling a speed of up to 1'000mm/s on simpler designed parts still requiring massive external cooling.

And Anker is claiming they can ( depending on the part geometry ) more than double if not quintuple the speed with a heavy Print Bed moving as one of the major Axis?!

M0mnLRB.jpg

Up to the point of reading 250mm/s for a Bedflinger ( i3 style moving the Print Bed ) I was still somewhat on board with it being a reasonable advertised 3D Printer.

That was until it mentioned running at those speeds for Quality Mode already causing one eyebrow to raise considerably until it then mentioned being capable of doing 2'500mm/s - Yea I don't think so... I've built a 350 sized Voron 2.4 CoreXY ( completely static Print Bed with a Flying Gantry for the Toolhead ) decently capable of holding a high part clearance accuracy at 300mm/s - Anything above that will result in still aesthetically pleasing but functionally not anymore accurate parts like those needed for an accompanying ERCF.

Just to give some perspective - This is what 500mm/s on a for speed modified Voron V0 looks like when printing a fairly complex part with Overhangs and Bridges ( kinda Garbage ) - That V0 has practically no weight in its moving Toolhead and its supporting X-Axis - No Toolhead mounted Part Cooling Fan, no Extruder Motor, etc... enabling a speed of up to 1'000mm/s on simpler designed parts still requiring massive external cooling.

And Anker is claiming they can ( depending on the part geometry ) more than double if not quintuple the speed with a heavy Print Bed moving as one of the major Axis?!

M0mnLRB.jpg
This is because there is a huge misunderstanding in the article itself, and the kickstarter (and email newsletter) clear it up.
The standard print speed is 250mm/s.
The acceleration of the print bed is 2500mm/s/s, or 2500mm/s^2.
All Anker is claiming there is the speed at which the bed can begin changing direction, not its max speed.
The kickstarter page specs sheet, at the bottom, shows a speed of 50-250mm/s.