Anker Precision laser gaming mouse. 8000dpi

Status
Not open for further replies.
i was recently contacted by Anker, http://ianker.com/ to try there new laser gaming mouse.

th_1.jpg

specs.
8000 DPI high-precision gaming laser for better cursor control at any hand speed via high-grade microchip
Store up to two ready-to-play profiles
9 precisely-placed programmable buttons
Execute complex macros with a single click.
16 million customizable back light colors, easy to personalize your mouse. It also provides a benefit to users managing multiple profiles with different colors. Illumination can be switched off if you dislike.

th_2.jpg

Perfectly honed shape, carefully crafted with natural curves to maintain comfortable play for hours.
Low-friction underside glides effortlessly over almost any surface.
Equipped with Omron micro-switches to reduce effort during gameplay.
8-piece weight-tuning system offers personalized feel and control (140~160g).

th_3.jpg

the software is very simple and straight forward in its use. you are given 4 tabs.
th_ankersoft1.jpg

your button config and speed tab.
th_ankersoft2.jpg

you dpi configuration and poll rate. x and y are independent or can be locked to be used together and is also the tab to save your profiles.
th_ankersoft3.jpg

the third tab is for the log lighting and how the mouse led breath... 16 million colours with 4 brightnesses and 4 breathing speeds.
last but not least
th_ankersoft4.jpg

Lastly software updates... so no need to try and remember where you got em from last time you installed them... just click and your at its home page... again its good that they got these little details rite straight away.

my personal opinion as i see it.
as yet i have no price but i expect it will fit in the mid to high end category. judging by the quality of the whole package.
overall feel. the comfort level due to the shape of the mouse is very good it is designed more for the palmer than the claw griper.

button lay out is good. there are 2 buttons above the the mouse wheel and 1 below it i set the 2 above to turn up and down the dpi but they can be configured to any of the given options of which there are plenty. the 1 below it i set to throw my nades in MW3 and used the wheel for weapon selection and melee. this is important... not all mice get there buttons recognised straight away. i had no such issues with this mouse, out the box it was able to configure the buttons to any in game command i chose. (cant say the same for may razer lachesis)

the left, right and MMB are all very good, firm responsive and give the impression of quality parts being used properly.

the side buttons (3 of them) placement is good for medium sized hands and better for the larger hand as the very front 1 is just that little to far to be reached easily. this is typical of a 3 button config so if you have a slightly larger hand or you hold the mouse slightly higher than i do you will manage to hit all 3 easily.

mouse glide... is excellent. the feet use are very good and slip the mouse with minimal effort which adds to the overall feel and responsiveness of the mouse in general.

now on to what i deem the important stuff.
the mouse sensor is the top of the range avango 9800 sensor found in other high end mice such as the Tt eSports Level 10M or CM Storm Sentinel Advance2 so you can see its aiming pretty high as far as control goes.
this sensor is actually pretty good as far as accurate placement of the cursor on screen and 1s you figure out that the mouse prefers high dpi settings with a slower overall mouse speed you can make this mouse very responsive indeed.
add to that a poll rate from anywhere from 125 to 1000ms and it easily outperforms mice with lesser sensors.

Liftoff the mouse lift off distance is minute. about 1-2mm which means if your a sweeper you can lift the mouse without any fear of your avatar suddenly pointing at the sky or ground in an fps shooter.

acceleration is available and can be turned very high or zero'd personally i like to turn acceleration off as it inhibits accuracy in fps games.

prediction because the mouse has such a high dpi output prediction is near zero the mouse is quite happy to draw straight lines and curves with ease. to much prediction and the mouse will try to draw a straight line when you try to draw a circle. so again a very good sensor and firmware.

*important* you will want to reconfigure the buttons as soon as you load the software... the config the mouse ships with is set to learn macros and this caused me an issue or 2 before i figured out it was a feature i could change.

i was brought to my attention the other day that the logitech g600 uses this sensor and has a mouse sensor skipping issue. after using this mouse for the last 2 weeks i can say this mouse doesn't suffer any of that. as Anker use a different firmware so that is a none issue with this mouse.

pros:
very clean design
accurate 8000dpi is about as good as it gets.
well made (mine took a severe beating in transit, so bad that i thought it would surely be a box of bits but no. the mouse was perfect but Anker will be having words with the guys who delivered it).
feels nice firm in the hand with all the buttons in easy reach. no slipping after a long session with sweating palms.
smooth glides very well on my destructor mat.

cons:
8000 dpi is a good thing. but the 200 stepping isnt... the sensor needs a much smaller stepping so you dont have to use high dpi then turn the mouse speed down... this does work but its a pain having to work out the maths for a dyslexic like me.

to be honest thats my only gripe.

if your a palm mouser then theres a new player in town and they have arrived with a bit of a crash with there new mouse. if it lands somewhere between £40 and £60 give or take then this is a very good option (i hope i can lock down the price sometime this week and get back to you with it) and i have no hesitation in recommending you try it.

anyways thats it. my first review ever!... overall im impressed with it. Ankers first attempt as far as i know at a gaming mouse and they have hit the ground running.

thanks to Anker for sending me a sample, thanks to you for reading...

have a good 1, HEXiT.

good news guys , they got back to me with a price...
For the price, it will be $29.99 on Amazon and $19.99 on sales for Xmas. The Gaming mouse will available on Amazon.co.uk next week.

i gotta say. comparing this to the G400 as far as price to performance and features go. it just blows the G400 out the water... for the money it is in my opinion now the new best budget mouse you can buy... no humming or haring. it really is...

about a month ago mate... i asked if it was ok on the Q&A section and got no reply so i guessed it was ok to do
i put up pix and menues because people would have no refrence to what i was talking about. so if it looks like marketing im sorry i just wanted to get as much info across about it as possible and then give my opinion. the latter being what i was asked to do.
but without any reference its a waste of time so i had to provide that too...
i just hope you guys like the looks of it... im just a bit pissed they havent gotten back to me with a price yet.

rat 7 contagion. yes i would consider buying it but as i said i have no idea on price.
if its in the £60-£90 i would say pick something else.
if its £30-£59 then i would say its a good mouse and well worth consideration
if its £20-£40 i would say its probably 1 of the best mice you can buy for the money. in fact there isnt anything currently on the market that could come close for that money.
in comparison to say something like a g400 which is a very good cheap mouse it easily is better.
the high quality of the sensor does put it in a different league to most mice.
but the limited feature set puts it squarely in the middle ground of mice as far as looks goes. so if they price it correctly there is no reason why i wouldnt say pick this mouse over say a razer deathadder, rokkat kone+, logitech G5 or any similar priced mouse. i hope they do price it in the £30-£60 range as it will then be competitive and worthy of my recommendation. (which is after all, what they wanted).

Hi :)

Interesting...nice too see companies using a REAL gamer, rather than those generic reviewers...

All the best Brett :)

Hi :)

Damn its not available at UK Amazon :(

All the best Brett :)

For the price, it will be $29.99 on Amazon and $19.99 on sales for Xmas. The Gaming mouse will available on Amazon.co.uk next week.

honestly wow... they have just gimme the the price and WOW! i didnt expect this. i though maybe £40-£50 but instead its coming for under $30 likely to be around the same in pounds but still its a bargain that really will break the market for them.
pleasant surprise... ithe g400 was the best mouse on the market but now its just been given a severe beating and rushed to the E.R. really at this price there is nothing out there that gives this much controllability, and configurability for any where near its price. seriously guys if you can get 1 of these mice you wont be disappointed.

i aint saying this because they gave me a free sample to review.
im saying it because in my opinion, it really is now the best you can buy for the money and then some...

oh, hexit, I didn't mean anything bad when I said marketing. The company is doing marketing by asking you do write a public review of a product, nothing wrong with that. You did a good job on it too.

Looking at this right, dang, if I was in the market for a new mouse, I'd buy that in a heart beat. For $20, it's a real steal.

no worries mate i dint take nothing from your comment. you ask, i answer, no harm no foul..
yeah it is a steal, honestly that blew me away when they said under 30... i was expecting at the least 20 more because thats where i thought it fit well.. but at under 30 i recon it is now the mouse to have.

casualcolors

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011
You should post your prediction and acceleration tests (the mspaint images and recording of whichever fps you used to test 360 accel).

I notice some features on the mouse that I like, most notably that the buttons are separated from the top shell. I'd like to see companies go back to doing this, since it was a higher quality form of manufacturing.

Also you should post this same info over on Overclock's mouse forum. They would be interested in it.

dont know what apps you test the prediction and acceleration with. i just went by feel... due to the fact i have been playing cod4 since it came out i know when the mouse im using is working by how my avatar reacts on screen to my movements. acceleration in that game if its on will make you overshoot. or if its negative will limit the speed at which you can track a target left and right... i had this issue with my Lachesis where i would pull up my gun and start tracking an enamy on screen but would be un able to actually catch up with him because of the negative acceleration... with this mouse and my rat i have no such issues. if im tracking i just move the mouse a little faster and it will move quicker on screen, but with negative acceleration no matter how fast you track it will only track upto a limited speed on screen. this is how i knew there was no acceleration issues.

as for the prediction i just got pain out and drew a few diagonals. straight lines and circles. i know another basic test but the lines i drew straight were reasonably so for free hand and the circles were circles or as close as any 1 can get with a free hand circle. the end results of which were smooth arcs with no visible stepping i did both on low, medium and high dpi settings with no issues... but because i knew what i was looking for i didnt need to go posting pic that would look like a childs scribbling. like i said earlier. i was totally surprised by this mouse especially at this price point. @20 bux you can try it yourself and see im not B.S'n it really is IMO the new best budget mouse out. you know me. if i think something is good i will say so, just as i will say something is pants if i think it is. but in this case it really is deserving of my praise for what you get for the money its a stunning little mouse...

bvna4g

Honorable
Dec 16, 2012
Any word when OS X drivers will be released?
Will it work at:
8000 DPI,
1000 polling rate,
12000 frame rate,
100-150 inch/s speed,
30g acceleration
on an OS X system?

chain220

Honorable
Nov 12, 2012
I must say, this review has helped me a ton. I was half-debating buying a new mouse to go with my new build but I didn't feel like shelling out $50 for a mouse.. so I was just going to settle for the generic cheap one I already have. This has changed my view completely, and I will probably be purchasing one of these shortly.

Just wanted to say thanks HEXiT.

Billie_Wilson

Honorable
Dec 16, 2012

I've heard that there would be some 8000(or even higher) DPI gaming mouse at the beginning of this year due to the new IC released, though I was just being expecting to possess one rather than to master it. Finally...

And I've noticed the price was raised, glad I've ordered at $19.99 :)

casualcolors

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011

But my question is still why? I'm just confused as to what 8000 dpi achieves on any mouse. It doesn't fix prediction because that is not how prediction is created (prediction is more closely tied to report rate and firmware), and it's certainly not usable at 8000. I don't think there is a screen array that anyone on this site could possibly have where 8000 dpi wouldn't be extreme overkill. Even if you had 3 extreme resolution monitors aligned in an eyefinity array, 8000 dpi is too much sensitivity for the vertical space on any one of those screens. So I'm not mocking you, but I'm curious to your exact reason for wanting to use an 8000 dpi mouse for the sake of my own understanding.

Just heard from our product manager that we are planning to release the mac software, the time will be in March next year.
Thank you for your support.
is the reply i just got back..

Billie_Wilson

Honorable
Dec 16, 2012

You really got me, man. I simply like it with high DPI! 8000 DPI sounds cool, isn't it? I know that most of the players think 8000 DPI is totally unnessesary, I would say, why not? Using an 8000 DPI mouse will be extremely cool, and since DPI setting is separate from the movement speed, I'll stick to it with 8000 DPI till Razer releases its Ouroboros with even higher DPI, if the price is reasonable. Pretty sorry that I didn't manage to post a review on this product :(

Status
Not open for further replies.