[SOLVED] Annoying and disturbing beeping sound on startup.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Nov 8, 2019
Hello everyone!

So I have this very annoying beeping sound on startup. It's as if someone is milling inside the PC, but it's a , more or less, digital sound (I am very sure it's not because some wire got caught a bit above the CPU fan, I just dissassembled it, cleaned it and assembled it again) .

Before cleaning, I had this issue while playing pretty graphically solicitating games and I also had a display error drive that said something like " Nvidia Geforce display driver stopped working for a period time " ( ofc, this is not as accurate as I'd wish ) .

And now, after cleaning, it already beeps on startup!
I have no errors or malfunctions on the screen, it just simply starts beeping like "Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehhh, I don't like you, turn me off!" .

For the love of God, I hope it's not because of the graphics card ...

CPU : i5 - 8th Gen
GPU : Nvidia 250 GTS
Motherboard - Gygabite GA-P55M-UD2/US2

Can't even access the desktop to see the specs a.t.m. , I'll try the next day in the morning . Although I know it won't "blow up" or anything that bad, I seriously think I can provoke serious damage if I do that.

Solution
Lol, sink or swim, only one way to find out...

Reset cmos is easy. Unplug the pc. Push and hold power button for 20 seconds. Open case. In the lower right side of the motherboard is a large round watch battery, usually right under where the gpu sits. Pull that out, carefully. Wait 10 minutes. Put it all back together.

Reset bios is easier, boot pc into bios (usually Del or F1, F2 or F12). In bios, there is an option to choose default settings, usually F5. Hit that then F10 to save and exit.

There's multiple tools for checking HDD's for errors, WD Tools is good, as is Crystal Disk.

If you are popping gpu driver shutdowns, there's an issue with the drivers, either one of them is corrupted or is conflicting with something else. So...