Annoying audio problems

Zoart

Reputable
Jun 13, 2014
I have this annoying problem with the audio where it cracks/pops every time a sound starts and ends. Even when it's supposed to loop there is a pop/crack sound inbetween them. It also happens when I skip forward or when there is no sound and I suddenly start it up.

I have already changed everything, I have new motherboard, gpu, psu, ram etc etc. The only thing I didn't replace is the CPU.

I also tried to install old, new and the drivers with the mobo for the audio but it doesn't work at all. I tried putting in another sound card and I have the same problem with it as well so I'm running out of ideas what it truly is.

This is what it sounds like when I pause the audio: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JUceDqYQqfQ&

I would thank you if you know a fix to this.

Specs:

Mobo: Sabertooth fx990 r2.0
CPU: FX-8350
Ram: Revengeance 8gb
GPU: Sapphire R9 290 OC
PSU: 860w corsair
And running on windows 8.1

Zoart

Reputable
Jun 13, 2014
I should have said that I had the same problem with the previous mobo and stuff as well hence I replaced it. I even replaced the case just to be sure. I had the same crackling/popping on the previous system and the only thing I didn't replace are the ram and CPU

Zoart

Reputable
Jun 13, 2014

The popping sound comes from the sound, audio. I recorded it in windows and paused a video at times so you could hear the popping. It can't be my headset as I tried a different one as well and I can also record it in windows so it's not that.

tomc53

Reputable
Jun 6, 2014
Granted, my ears are getting old, but what I am hearing on YouTube is the sound of a digital signal stopping and starting, that is, going from some sound to no sound. The endsound is cut off in mid signal, so that there is a partial waveform, which sounds a little like a click. the only way I know if to fix this would be edit the audio (Audacity or similar) and fade the sound out, or carefully edit at a zero-crossing. View the sound waveform in Audacity and zoom way in, until you see each element of the wave, and see if it doesn't go from some high level to zero immediately.

I know this is not a very nice answer, but it has nothing to do with your equipment, but either your technique, or just that your ears are sensitive to that kind of transition.

As always, this is just my opinion, and I'd like feedback from other members...

Zoart

Reputable
Jun 13, 2014
Maybe but it also happens when I adjust the volume slider and even move the sound from my left to right. It pops when I do that as well. Just strange.

TRENDING THREADS