[SOLVED] Annoying Buzzing Sound

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anston06

Reputable
Apr 21, 2020
Hello,

I have this annoying buzzing sound on my computer. It is not the speakers or fan. It usually occurs a lot when I watch a video or play a game. It is especially bad when I watch a movie. It makes the noise constantly and I have to turn the computer off. I have a Windows Insider build on my computer. Could that affect anything?

Any help appreciated, Thanks.

Specs:
Windows 10 Pro Insider Build 10.0.19603
HP Pavillion 500-054
CPU: AMD A8-5500
GPU: AMD Radeon RX 580

Ralston18

Titan
Yes. Insider's Builds can be and are buggy.

Did you have the problem before installing the Insiders' Build?

Could be resonance.

Try watching the same video or playing the same game on another Windows 10 computer with a released build. See if there is a buzz.

Are there any circumstances when the buzzing stops?

The next step is to identify the source of the buzz.

Do you feel the case vibrate? Where in the case does the buzzing appear to be located: PSU? GPU? Somewhere else?

Power issue? Make and model PSU, wattage, age, condition?

Do some testing to determine if you can intentionally start or stop the buzzing.

Do you hear buzzing in headphones/headsets?

More information is needed.

Anston06

Reputable
Apr 21, 2020
Yes. Insider's Builds can be and are buggy.

Did you have the problem before installing the Insiders' Build?

Could be resonance.

Try watching the same video or playing the same game on another Windows 10 computer with a released build. See if there is a buzz.

Are there any circumstances when the buzzing stops?

The next step is to identify the source of the buzz.

Do you feel the case vibrate? Where in the case does the buzzing appear to be located: PSU? GPU? Somewhere else?

Power issue? Make and model PSU, wattage, age, condition?

Do some testing to determine if you can intentionally start or stop the buzzing.

Do you hear buzzing in headphones/headsets?

More information is needed.
It is not a physical issue. It had to do with the software. When I tried to open the Radeon Software. It said, "Soft ware and Driver versions do not match". So, I updated my drivers using the auto-detect driver installer from AMD. The buzzing noise is completely gone now.

Status
Not open for further replies.