Annoying compress feature which drives me insane

Teodosije

Distinguished
May 22, 2016
Hi guys,

A few days ago, I've noticed that some of my icons have two blue arrows in the upper right corner.
Not knowing what it is, I've googled it, and it turns out that those folders and files were compressed.
Nothing scary, turned off compression in properties, and that's it.

However, now I have a different problem. Whenever I create a folder, file or whatever, compression is turned on. (See the picture)
"Compress this drive, etc" is turned off, and it happens only on my C: drive. The other one, used for movies and music is working fine.

Also, I have enough free space (37.2GB of 231GB), and Storage Sense is turned off.

Any suggestions on this matter would be greatly appreciated, since this bug, or what ever is it is starting to annoy me.

Thanks in advance!

QbdR1Ew.jpg

Solution
Well, this was a quick one.

If anyone runs into this problem, open "This PC", right click on Desktop folder on the left hand side, Properties>Advanced> Uncheck "Compress contents to save disk space".

Voila!

Teodosije

Distinguished
May 22, 2016
Well, this was a quick one.

If anyone runs into this problem, open "This PC", right click on Desktop folder on the left hand side, Properties>Advanced> Uncheck "Compress contents to save disk space".

Voila!

Solution