[SOLVED] Annoying fan sound when start spinning

Dec 27, 2020
Hey friends,
recently I purchase Gigabyte 3070 eagle and apparently it using a fan curve that turn off the fans when idle or when the GPU isn't working, but when the fan starting to spin it making a little staring noise that really getting on my nerves.
It wouldn't distract me that much but It can do it more than 10 times a minute while browsering the web or doing other kind of tasks.

I understand that if I want to get rid of the "feature" I need to download a program such MSI Afterburner and set other speed curve but I have no idea what to set beside the minimum fan speed when temp are low and I don't want to make my case worst by using a bad fan curve when gaming.

Any advice on how to set it correctly? or maybe easier way to disable this feature?

Thanks!

backonshore

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2008
The OP is talking about the GPU fan.
5a1a213239706.jpeg

I saw this tutorial, although it looks like a great tutorial it doesn't say how I need to adjust the curve for optimal result or even a good one.
My concern that I will use a "bad" curve and lower my graphic card strength or lifespan.
I think you are worrying too much. Just use trial and error to find a fan curve that suits you. Keep the GPU temperature under 80 C under load, or 75 C if you want to play it safe.