Annoying freezes

metroidprime

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2011
Hello

I have recently had a problem with my computer
(HD 4670, 2.2 AMD dual-core 4200+, 2g ddr2 ram)
it freezes at fairly regular intervals and I am an enthusiastic gamer so this doesn't really work for me
I had the 4670 pci-e installed recently because there was a problem with my old video card. I noticed the process "interupts" rises to around 28.7 during the influxes and I have tried a great many "solutions" none of which have worked. If i don't have to pay someone to fix it that would be fantastic. PS sorry if this is the wrong category as I am not sure what causes the problem (I think this falls under displays :) )

rsmith13

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2009
When a computer freezes people normally assume the problem is with the video card. It might be because your computer is waiting for a texture from your hard drive. How long since you defraged your drive?

rsmith13

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2009
A larger drive might be needed: When a drive is more than 80-90% full, it starts to run out of places to put stuff, it begins to thrash. And not being defraged in a while... Well! How many add-ons do you have running in the background? Check your startup folder and remove the crapware. This also could be a sign of malware/trojans. Microsoft has an excellent and free antivirus (www.microsoft.com/security_essentials/) that, unlike some others, wont bog your computer down. A faster cpu, a little more memory.

metroidprime

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2011
ok i actually fixed this a while ago but forgot to post anything. basically i called a friend up who fixes and builds computers and he helped me fix it, i had the computer set on ATI sound drivers which werent actually attacted to my speaker, so i chnged to realtek audio and it worked, but this was only temporay, as i speak the blasted computer is at it again....