[SOLVED] Annoying Horizonal Line on Monitor (MAG341CQ)

willyFF7

Honorable
Sep 19, 2014
Hey guys, I haven't been on here in a while, I can't even remember the last time I posted...
but I have a major issue, and idk where else to go about this, hoping someone can help me out.
I got this line that's on my screen, and I've tried a few things to fix it but it won't come off.
Sometimes it's visible, sometimes it's not with certain apps open.. here's a few screenshots
MS paint with black: View: https://i.imgur.com/a86JPre.jpg

Random youtube video/mostly any other video or some certain apps
View: https://i.imgur.com/1kbmEdT.jpg

It's not too visible during gaming but i can still notice it a lot ..
Things I've tried:
-Switched display ports
-Messed with monitor settings, couldn't find a thing that was related
-Turned off and on (this problem has been going on for days now)
-Changed the resolution from 3440x1440 to lower ones, it still shows the same way

PC and monitor is all brand new, so it can't be a defect I hope..

I would love whoever could help me with this issue lol ;-; it's kinda interfering with my life, thanks in advance.

Solution
I have seen that issue on several MSI displays and they were faulty.
They were RMAed and replaced by MSI.
Try using another display on your PC or connect the display to another system just to rule out any other component.

willyFF7

Honorable
Sep 19, 2014
I have seen that issue on several MSI displays and they were faulty.
They were RMAed and replaced by MSI.
Try using another display on your PC or connect the display to another system just to rule out any other component.
Well I use 2 monitors on here... a 1080p one that doesn't have that problem.. so the monitor is faulty? :( I was hoping there'd be a fix.. I didn't wanna go over the process of replacing it.. but damn.. might have to since I just got it this month.

Well I use 2 monitors on here... a 1080p one that doesn't have that problem.. so the monitor is faulty? :( I was hoping there'd be a fix.. I didn't wanna go over the process of replacing it.. but damn.. might have to since I just got it this month.
Most stores accept returns within 30 days of purchase, So you could return it or replace it from the store that you purchased the display.
That is better than going to a lengthy RMA process.

willyFF7

Honorable
Sep 19, 2014
Update:
I called cyberpower whom I bought it from, they wouldn't take it cuz I threw the box away... I called MSI, they said I had to fill out the RMA thing online... I really don't wanna go through a lengthy RMA process.. I love this monitor, just seems to have an unfortunate small problem..

I do think there should/may be a fix.. I mean, you know how the monitor is 3440x1440.. when it's changed to like 2560x1440, the sides of the widescreen are pitch black... there's no line displayed then.. just in some cases.. like, there has to be a manual fix :(
I looked to find a driver for monitors since there is such thing apparently, but they're weird files i can't install and idk what to do with them.. so.. yeah.. anything but the rma would be good advice

Update:
I called cyberpower whom I bought it from, they wouldn't take it cuz I threw the box away... I called MSI, they said I had to fill out the RMA thing online... I really don't wanna go through a lengthy RMA process.. I love this monitor, just seems to have an unfortunate small problem..

I do think there should/may be a fix.. I mean, you know how the monitor is 3440x1440.. when it's changed to like 2560x1440, the sides of the widescreen are pitch black... there's no line displayed then.. just in some cases.. like, there has to be a manual fix :(
I looked to find a driver for monitors since there is such thing apparently, but they're weird files i can't install and idk what to do with them.. so.. yeah.. anything but the rma would be good advice
A display driver is not going to help with that issue.
When a monitor is faulty it could get worse with time.
To install the display drivers, go to Device Manager, right click the display and select Update drivers.
Click on browse my computer for drivers and browse to the folder where the drivers are located.