Annoying issues

OsirisCRO

Honorable
Oct 27, 2012
Hello gentlemen...and ladies if there are any,
I have 2 problems.
1. I recently purchased an AMD Phenom II x4 955 processor which is supposed to run at about 3.0Ghz. The problem is that is it stuck at 803Mhz and it totally screwed my Windows index rating. Now, i'm not too worried about the rating as i am about performance. I have checked and made sure it is not a Black Edition which runs @125w because my mobo does not support any 125w CPU. BIOS reads my processor fine, shows the specs and all...here's the thing that gets me, when i load BIOS and go to advanced settings, the core multiplier is unlocked and i can set it up to a pretty high rate. i never tried more than 19x because i am a bit skeptical about my luck but that is besides the point. A Black Edition CPU would usually come unlocked and not this one. i never found anything that says " you can up your core multiplier for a regular Phenom II CPU which is NOT BE". Perhaps you could help me resolve this issue. I have an ok setup:
Asus m2n-sli DELUXE motherboard
AMD Phenom II x4 955 processor
8gb DDR2 ram
2x 500gb SATA HDD
1x 80gb HDD
Here is a CPU-z screenshot that can explain the processor thing.

Problem number 2:
I just did a fresh reinstall of windows and all my programs were freshly installed. Now, when i try to run Call of Duty 4 in multiplayer mode, i get into the server and all of a sudden my video cuts out and on my monitor i get a message saying i should check my cables. Here is a video link of this *** happening:
http://www.upload.ee/files/2778475/317.mp4.html

and here is the CPU-z screenshot of my GPU properties:
http://www.upload.ee/image/2778456/procsc.png

I'm hoping someone can help me out because this is annoying as hell. can't even play CoD4 -.-.

thanks in advance.

NoUserBar

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2011
Have you checked your cables?

*Ba-dum-tiss*

Might be better to put that video into a randomly made youtube account. (you don't have to put your real name in youtube accounts, youtube just bothers you about it once)

Does any other game work? It looks like you have an old GPU, is it possible to test it on another system? Try trouble shooting your own rig, to isolate the problem components or software.

It would be good to make sure you have the latest drivers for your GPU and other components. Latest bios for you motherboard too.

Might want to check websites that have groups of Cod players on them. Like a nexus or a fansite. It might have already been solved by them.

OsirisCRO

Honorable
Oct 27, 2012
i actually figured the GPU problem out. i unchecked the option to let applications take exclusive control of sound and no more crashes.

as far as the CPU is concerned, i downloaded the latest bios and flashed it. the thing with the m2n sli deluxe is that it supports the cpu but you have to adjust the clock settings yourself to make it run right. it was ok @ 803Mhz and ran everything because the system adjusted the processor as needed but it was too cold for me. thanks anyways man, but i will appreciate and other input anyone may have.

OsirisCRO

Honorable
Oct 27, 2012
i have looked into that possibility and if i had a defective CPU i would get unstable results plus abnormal temperature readings. im quite sure it is the specified CPU. the reason it isn't reading at stock frequency is because asus bios 5001 is kinda in beta with this processor...STILL. i'm hoping they will come out with a V2 version so i don't have to clock my cpu manually. it's running fine now. i have it at 3.4Ghz with prime95 load temps under 30'C. i appreciate the input and will welcome more if anyone has any more ideas :)