annoying pop up when plugging in my jump drive

Charlie

Every time I plug my jump drive (USB drive) in, windows pops up and tells me
it could perform faster, but my laptop doesn't have any faster USB port. Is
there a way to stop this annoying pop up? I'm using XP Professional on a
laptop.
thanks, CK

How to turn off the "Hi-speed USB device plugged into non-hi-speed USB hub"
warning message
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;835967

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"Charlie" wrote:

| Every time I plug my jump drive (USB drive) in, windows pops up and tells me
| it could perform faster, but my laptop doesn't have any faster USB port. Is
| there a way to stop this annoying pop up? I'm using XP Professional on a
| laptop.
| thanks, CK

TRENDING THREADS