[SOLVED] Annoying problem with PC

Jun 1, 2020
Booting into my computer is no problem, I can overclock fine, temps are normal under load but sometimes after a while, 5-10 mins on my computer and it suddenly turns off, I rebuilt the pc; taking everything apart and reassembling it and still has the same issue, I’ve downloaded software to check my HDD status because it happens during my downloads, could be a coincidence but it states ‘healthy’. My computer doesn’t really turn off but the monitor shows no signal. CPU and GPU fans, including every fans spins. I’ve been trying to fix it for hours but have no clue on what the problem is. Please help

Solution
what is the cpu you use also did you try another sata cable on system even other sata with only the os hdd and to test them use data lifeguard diagnostic from wd .
No-one can help if they do not know what you have for a system, all you state is you have a HDD....... full sytem specs including PSU make AND model are needed.

Also what do you use the pc for, any temp issues on CPU of GPU any info like that would help greatly... and what you did for your Overclock to get the system unstable.

Cheers

Jun 1, 2020
No-one can help if they do not know what you have for a system, all you state is you have a HDD....... full sytem specs including PSU make AND model are needed.

Also what do you use the pc for, any temp issues on CPU of GPU any info like that would help greatly... and what you did for your Overclock to get the system unstable.

Cheers
Sorry about that. I’m using my pc for mainly gaming.

I have a R7 2700 overclocked at 4.0Ghz with 1.35V / 50-55 degrees using a aftermarket cooler running at 40-50 degrees when gaming.

MSI 2060 Ventus Pro
ASRock B450M Pro-F
Corsair vengeance 3000mhz (XMP used)
EVGA 650W Platinum Supernova
1TB HDD WD
500GB from WD
I had a ssd but I took it out after a few day’s of using it because I thought it was the problem.
Sorry if I’m missing something here

Jun 1, 2020
Sorry about that. I’m using my pc for mainly gaming.

I have a R7 2700 overclocked at 4.0Ghz with 1.35V / 50-55 degrees using a aftermarket cooler running at 40-50 degrees when gaming.

MSI 2060 Ventus Pro
ASRock B450M Pro-F
Corsair vengeance 3000mhz (XMP used)
EVGA 650W Platinum Supernova
1TB HDD WD
500GB from WD
I had a ssd but I took it out after a few day’s of using it because I thought it was the problem.
Sorry if I’m missing something here
Wow I said two different ranges of temperature there, sorry I’m losing brain cells after all the diagnosing

Are any diagnostic leds showing on the Mobo? Could be your GPU has an issue, is the PC turning off while doing a specific task or also when just idle? Temps are not your problem, they are very good, even on the too low side. Your PSU is one of the better EVGA range so doubt that is the problem.

To be honest setting a stock setting of 4.0 on your 2700 is not an OC, it really handicaps a Ryzen more than it helps, much better to let it do it's thing from the bios auto OC in my experience. I had my 2700x at a set 4.2 and while my benckmarks were marginally better in real world applications the was no difference and even a drop off on performance fps wise in some CPU bound games. In order for a Ryzen to reach it's potential it needs to boost and with a set 4.0 you effectively kneecap it !!!

Do you have a printer like a Canon attached over USB? I know this will sound wierd but things like the Canon Menu made my keyboard go on and off, turn the pc off etc.... its is a obscure issue but worth mentioning.

Jun 1, 2020
Idling in the bios no problem if that’s a thing lol. Idling in windows no problem and currently downloading a game to see if it turns off.

I had no problems with the gpu as I only had it for a couple months but during the process of the rebuilding, I kind of dropped it. At the moment it’ showing everything.

As already mentioned I think, my ssd is constantly reappearing and disappearing on the file explorer and downloading games on it won’t work, could it be reconnecting and disconnecting?

Before the rebuilt tho, I had a problem booting into windows and getting errors like “your pc couldn’t start properly” and blue screens.

I don’t think my MOBO has a LED, not sure because I’ve never seen it light up.

About the overclocking, it didn’t improve performance but shows clock speed at 4.0 so I want to do it your way. Do I leave it at stock but change it in the overclock mode in the bios?

scout_03

Titan
Ambassador
remove the overclock and since you drop the gpu i would try it in another system for ssd made sure it was plug in the first sata port on board and as main device with os for boot remove the hdd for test then one hdd at the time .

Last edited:
Jun 1, 2020
remove the overclock and since you drop the gpu i would try it in another system for ssd made sue it was plug in the first sata port on board and as main device with os for boot remove the hdd for test then one hdd at the time .
I reset the bios, I loaded into windows and idle for a good half hour, downloading a game worked, I went on it for a session and just a couple mins after I thought everything was okay, the screen turns off No signal but the pc is still running. I don’t have a 2nd system because it’s not built but I will get onto that now.

Jun 1, 2020
I reset the bios, I loaded into windows and idle for a good half hour, downloading a game worked, I went on it for a session and just a couple mins after I thought everything was okay, the screen turns off No signal but the pc is still running. I don’t have a 2nd system because it’s not built but I will get onto that now.
I swapped the 2060 with my 1050 Ti and seems like it’s going okay