Question Annoying volume slider pop up, even in BIOS

Aug 18, 2019
So that's why I'm posting it here. It also shows up in Windows 10. The MB and BIOS version are in the pic.

I'm going to guess that your monitor has speakers and that is the volume slider for those speakers. Could be the volume up button is defective and making intermittent contact (as if you were hitting the volume up button).

Cheesy as it sounds, jiggling the volume up button may correct this. Another work around would be to go into your monitor setup and disable sound (assuming you don't use the monitor speakers that I am assume are there).

Could also be that I am way off base.

Reactions: Bezukhov
Aug 18, 2019
I'm going to guess that your monitor has speakers and that is the volume slider for those speakers. Could be the volume up button is defective and making intermittent contact (as if you were hitting the volume up button).

Cheesy as it sounds, jiggling the volume up button may correct this. Another work around would be to go into your monitor setup and disable sound (assuming you don't use the monitor speakers that I am assume are there).

Could also be that I am way off base.
No speakers on the monitor. Funny thing is I've been using this monitor for 10 years and, thanks to you I just found out that it has a volume control. So I lowered it to "0" and so far that popup has been gone for the past few minutes.

Aug 18, 2019
There is an audio something whether an input or output I don't know, never used it. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction, at 10 years old it's time for a new one. I wanted to take the back off and clean it with some of that air in a can, but no screws, and I'm not going to pry it open with a screwdriver.

It's starting to pop up again, a quick touch on the menu button teaches it a lesson, at least for a little while.