ANNOYING !!!!

Why is it, that FM doesn't accept a CD emulation driver installed ?

I have installed Deamon Tools and I have to uninstall it every time I would like to play the game !

Who decides to do it this way ?

So annoying.......

Just had to get my frustrations out ;-)

Michael

--
==========
Best Regards / Venlig hilsen

Michael Vilhelmsen
==========
Best Regards / Venlig hilsen

Michael Vilhelmsen

Michael Vilhelmsen wrote:
> Why is it, that FM doesn't accept a CD emulation driver installed ?
>
> I have installed Deamon Tools and I have to uninstall it every time I
> would like to play the game !
>
> Who decides to do it this way ?
>
> So annoying.......
>

> Just had to get my frustrations out ;-)
>
> Michael

It doesn't object to me having Deamon Tools installed (I have version 3.47
installed), though it did object to CloneCD. Its due to the form of copy
protection that SEGA demand all there games use, it's also why it takes the
game a few seconds at least to start running as its checking that you are
running a legal version of the game.

Though it is much better than the copy protection used by CM5, which
involves it installing a service onto your computer that is alsways running
(uses ~800kb RAM even when you are not running the game, no idea how much it
uses when the game is running). It also copies some files hidden to your
hard drive that they say contain your 'licenses' to all games using this
copy protection (SecuROM 7 I think).

--
Michael Murray

Michael Murray wrote:
> Michael Vilhelmsen wrote:
>
>>Why is it, that FM doesn't accept a CD emulation driver installed ?
>>
>>I have installed Deamon Tools and I have to uninstall it every time I
>>would like to play the game !
>>
>>Who decides to do it this way ?
>>
>>So annoying.......
>>

>>Just had to get my frustrations out ;-)
>>
>>Michael
>

> It doesn't object to me having Deamon Tools installed (I have version 3.47
> installed), though it did object to CloneCD. Its due to the form of copy
> protection that SEGA demand all there games use, it's also why it takes the
> game a few seconds at least to start running as its checking that you are
> running a legal version of the game.
>
> Though it is much better than the copy protection used by CM5, which
> involves it installing a service onto your computer that is alsways running
> (uses ~800kb RAM even when you are not running the game, no idea how much it
> uses when the game is running). It also copies some files hidden to your
> hard drive that they say contain your 'licenses' to all games using this
> copy protection (SecuROM 7 I think).

Turn it off then..... No problems here.

On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 14:28:40 +0100, "Michael Vilhelmsen"
<Michael.Vilhelmsen.PLEASEREMOVE@Microcom.PLEASEREMOVE.Dk> wrote:

>Why is it, that FM doesn't accept a CD emulation driver installed ?
>
>I have installed Deamon Tools and I have to uninstall it every time I would like to play the game !
>

>Who decides to do it this way ?
>
>So annoying.......
>

>Just had to get my frustrations out ;-)
>
>Michael

works fine here.
--

gamertag: chrisflynnuk
Live Line-up: RS3, RS3:BA, PGR2, Links04, SC:pT, Toca2, RSC2, MM3,