Anonymous Claims to Have Hacked PSN, Sony Says No

Status
Not open for further replies.

hrhuffnpuff

Honorable
Jul 29, 2012
Well, call me a tad cynical, but instead of hacking PSN, they should try and hack into DoD and get some real info on Area 51 or some other clandestine base or post (if you are Army). That will make it worth there while and it will be more interesting.

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
[citation][nom]hrhuffnpuff[/nom]Well, call me a tad cynical, but instead of hacking PSN, they should try and hack into DoD and get some real info on Area 51 or some other clandestine base or post (if you are Army). That will make it worth there while and it will be more interesting.[/citation]

And it will be interesting to see what the DoD will do to hunt them down like the criminals they are. :)

hrhuffnpuff

Honorable
Jul 29, 2012
[citation][nom]freggo[/nom]And it will be interesting to see what the DoD will do to hunt them down like the criminals they are. :)[/citation]

Oddly enough, it would be quite a hilarity, if the alleged criminal is a 13 y/o prodigy from Bangalore, India.

husker

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2009
Am I the only one who knows how to apply simple logic? How can Anonymous claim anything? If there was a way to verify the claim actually came from an official Anonymous source, that person would be in jail by now.

xaed

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2010
Ideally, wouldn't a successful crack be a situation where the cracker gets away without the target even being aware he was in the system; thus making the target say "no, it wasn't hacked."? Just my 2 cents.

freggo

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2008
[citation][nom]hrhuffnpuff[/nom]Oddly enough, it would be quite a hilarity, if the alleged criminal is a 13 y/o prodigy from Bangalore, India.[/citation]

If a 13 y/o can hack the DoD we'd certainly have to ask ourselves who the hell is in charge of security at the DoD :)

Than again, I'd not be surprised as the powers in charge are usually well behind the realities of the real world.

master_chen

Honorable
Jun 20, 2012
[citation][nom]hrhuffnpuff[/nom]13 y/o prodigy from Bangalore, India.[/citation]

Is that....o_O...is that...by any chance...a reference to the "Good Will Hunting"? o_O'

rantoc

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
Don't worry, PSN members, there's no repeat of last year's PSN disaster.

Yet, sadly the cloud is a powder cake just waiting to explode. In reality no system is entirely secure and the constant hacking reports of high profile target proves it!

husker

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2009
[citation][nom]rantoc[/nom]Yet, sadly the cloud is a powder cake just waiting to explode. In reality no system is entirely secure and the constant hacking reports of high profile target proves it![/citation]
A powder cake exploding would be bad: we would be covered in talc. Of course, a power keg exploding would be much worse... :)

A Bad Day

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2011
That's the disadvantage of having a very loose organization.

You have no organization. One cell could be doing white-hat stuff, while the other is getting ready to dump Intel's research stuff into Bit-Torrent.

kewl munky

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2008
Anonymous can do anything being anyone can claim to be anonymous. It's rather annoying to hear reports of them doing this or that. More than likely this person isn't in contact with the higher league of hackers who claim to be anonymous, but just a young teen who wanted to feel like a bad ass mother fucker online.

BigBodZod

Honorable
Jun 1, 2012
[citation][nom]husker[/nom]A powder cake exploding would be bad: we would be covered in talc. Of course, a power keg exploding would be much worse...[/citation]

Well even if a powder cake were to explode, I think the effect would be quite interesting :)

Well I was one of those not too terribly upset at the PSN outage last year. So I was out of game play online with friends for three weeks. PC gaming filled that void just fine and life goes on. Plus, I got two free games out of the deal and some cool downloads through that free month of PlayStation Plus access. I just don't want to go through those updates and account and email password changes again. Total PITA.

G

@hrhuffnpuff

I'd rather they didn't expose military operations nor military projects, as that information can be eventually used against us or endanger those operatives involved.

I'd rather they use their talents to expose corrupt government officials who are in the pockets of corporations/lobbies worldwide.

Status
Not open for further replies.