Anonymous Supposedly Helped Keep Presidental Election Fair

Status
Not open for further replies.

Efrayim

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2008
So if there is any truth to this wouldn't that make Karl Rove guilty of voter fraud? Shouldn't the proper authorities get involved with this?

Karl Rove is an American traitor but is protected by the GOP and the FOX News machine. While crying about voter fraud he created the biggest fraud on the American People and the world the presidency of GW for his corp masters. America still hasn't recovered from that disaster, Rove should be tar and feathered and run out of the country on a rail.

jazz84

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2010
This is old news and there is absolutely no evidence that they actually did anything to impact the election. This has been so overplayed on other websites, in fact, that over on DailyKos they are swinging the banhammer at people who continue to spread this absurd conspiracy theory. Don't get me wrong, Rove is a scumbag and has helped to set back productive political discourse in the country immeasurably. Still, his alleged tampering and Anon's alleged counter-tampering are nothing but conspiracy theories at this point. They are "not even wrong"-grade until there is ANY credible evidence presented to support either case. Nothing to see here, people, move along.

p4nz3rm4d

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2010
[citation][nom]JonnyDough[/nom]Can Anonymous be trusted either? I hope for humanity's sake that there are some "do-gooders" out there who are actually trying to keep evil from doing harm.[/citation]

Thats what the Anons are for... They were just in it for the lulz, but now they actually make a massive difference around the world. Peoples perception of them prevents them from acknowledging their work... Look at OpIsrael, and Chanology.

kawininjazx

Distinguished
May 22, 2008
As an independent conservative, this election has made me sick. Between requiring no identification in many cases, instant amnesty granted to over 1 million illegal alien by Obama who are now life long democrat supporters, and the republicans being weak and spineless, there was no point to the election. I am convinced Romney was told to throw the election. Why else would he wipe the floor with Obama in the first debate, then act like a stooge in the next two? The days of the opposition party and an independent press is over. I wouldn't trust Rove or Fox News with anything either, they are only "conservatives" so that they can make a buck being the "opposition".

JonnyDough

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2007
[citation][nom]p4nz3rm4d[/nom]Thats what the Anons are for... They were just in it for the lulz, but now they actually make a massive difference around the world. Peoples perception of them prevents them from acknowledging their work... Look at OpIsrael, and Chanology.[/citation]

Well ANY news is tough to know how viable it really it is. Rule #1 when it comes to consuming journalism (sorry Tom's) and that is that NO source can be fully trusted. That's part of the reason I joined the military, not just to serve my nation, not just for the benefits/money, not to meet famous people, or to be inspired - but also to educate myself about politics, policies, government spending, etc. Three years in and so far it's been a tough, interesting, and at times exhilarating ride.

Anomalyx

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010
So the consensus is that most likely this story is false. However, IF it is true, there are many implications is has. Most significantly, it shows that anybody, democrat or republican, could have tampered with election data significantly enough to alter the outcome of the election. Secondly, it would imply that Romney won the election, and we will have a president that we did not vote into office.
I doubt there's truth to it, but it's significant if there is.

twelve25

Distinguished
So now we know where that 300 million that Karl Rove blew went. He built an evil voting machine. But just like in the movies, the bad guy always seems to have incompetent minions running the show.

burmese_dude

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2011
Government needs to look into this claim whether serious investigation is warranted...

Ted Steven, who claimed internet is a like "a series of tubes," cannot be assigned as he's passed. If he were alive, he would say... tubes were cut to make hole to hack the internet.

tburns1

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2009
Unholy trinity --> George W. Bush, Dick Cheney, and Karl Rove! I never trusted the latter. Ever. If this is true, let's fry him!

davewolfgang

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
It's funny.....there were ZERO reports of any Obama votes automatically changing to Romney.

But PLENTY the other way.

So are we to assume that Anon "stopped" the one, but let the other side cheat? And I wouldn't grant that kind of smarts to Rove any day or time of the day, week, month, year, decade, century.....etc.

C00lIT

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2009
Bush has entertained the world for so many years... Can't comment on the above story but seeing bush in power of the "world leading nation" for so many years just shows how much USA democracy is a total farce...

boogalooelectric

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2009
[citation][nom]davewolfgang[/nom]It's funny.....there were ZERO reports of any Obama votes automatically changing to Romney.But PLENTY the other way. So are we to assume that Anon "stopped" the one, but let the other side cheat? And I wouldn't grant that kind of smarts to Rove any day or time of the day, week, month, year, decade, century.....etc.[/citation]

I guess its all where you look, I have seen You Tube videos showing Obama votes being changed to Romney.

bunta714

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2011
I'm sure they frisk everyone going into a voting area and confiscate everything except a pen/finger.
I took my phone in without any problem.

I honestly don't care, but you asked for a link to what another poster was talking about, and I remember seeing this reported on several news stations and in a few publications, along with Romney -> Obama changes by voting machines.

Status
Not open for further replies.