Another 8200 question

I have 2 Dell machines right now a 4300 and an 8200. The 4300 uses pc133 ram
and the 8200 uses the 800 mhz rdram. With all other factors equal, am I
correct in assuming that the 8200 will run faster because of the rdram ? Or
to rephrase that - Is the rdram faster than the pc 133 ? The RDRAM is
installed as a pair of 256 MB modules and the PC133 is 2 sticks of 256 also.
I want to give the slower machine to my brother since he doesn't do anything
really intense with his computer. My thought was to give him the 4300.
Thanks for your interest. - Tom D. -

Yes, the 8200 would be faster, all other factors being equal. RAMBUS, supported
for a while by Intel, pushed its memory design for greater overall speed
compared to the earlier SDRAM.

Then RAMBUS got greedy, started throwing lawsuits at memory manufacturers, and
Intel pulled out a very lucrative rug from under RAMBUS. Intel stopped making
chipsets to support RDRAM, and the 850 chipset family are the last ones found on
general purpose computers. DDR SDRAM, when configured properly, outperforms
RDRAM.

The RAMBUS company now collects royalties and sells it memory designs for
Playstations and other more closed environments... Ben Myers