Another 980ti / gtx 1070 thread

Vanhelsinger

Commendable
Aug 1, 2016
I realize it'd be better to get the 1070 at the normal price for each card. How low would the price be of a 980ti to make it worth while?

I'm seeing the 1070s around 400-450 mark*

Solution
Depends of resolution are you usig and how you feel buying a ''old'' card like 980Ti.

for example, my case. i own a 1080p monitor, and i no see in the future upgrading it (mainly because in argentina we can't get 1440p monitors lol, and they're more expensive than a 4k monitor, unbelievable.) For me, both cards will perform amazing at my resolution for years i'm sure to say it, but they cost almost at the same price so, i would pick the 1070 without thinking it twice.
Depends of resolution are you usig and how you feel buying a ''old'' card like 980Ti.

for example, my case. i own a 1080p monitor, and i no see in the future upgrading it (mainly because in argentina we can't get 1440p monitors lol, and they're more expensive than a 4k monitor, unbelievable.) For me, both cards will perform amazing at my resolution for years i'm sure to say it, but they cost almost at the same price so, i would pick the 1070 without thinking it twice.

Solution

jmpolster

Reputable
Sep 12, 2014
I too have the same question. I've found a couple 980 ti's in my area for ~$320. I would say if you find one at least $100 cheaper go for. That's what I may do.
*edit: I should say that's used prices. Not sure if you want to buy used or not.