Another "Are these PSU any good" thread

Qai7

Reputable
Apr 16, 2015
Greetings!
So I'm planning to build a new system and I won't have much money left in my budget for a power supply.

There are many cheap ones in the shop I plan to buy my system, but I have no idea what is good and what isn't. So I just selected the bronze certified ones (I'm guessing that's a good thing over the ones that aren't certified) within my price range, and I'd like to ask which is the best pick to get along with an i5-4460 and a GeForce GTX 750 Ti?

-LCPower Green Power 560w 80PLUS Bronze
-XFX TS 450W 80PLUS Bronze
-Aerocool Strike-X 500W - 80PLUS Bronze
-Corsair CX-430W 80PLUS Bronze

Oh, I'm also not expecting to upgrade my system to anything more powerful, or doing any sort of OC.

Qai7

Reputable
Apr 16, 2015

Thanks for the quick answer, also, is 450W enough? It was said to me that the GTX 750 Ti uses very low energy, as I'm trying to get a very low consumption system with the best performance possible.

You can have much more powerful PSU than your system needs - this doesn't mean it will use that much, it only means it CAN use that much if your components require so. In your case, you will be hard pressed to ever reach 300W in practice, so 450W is a good fit, as it is usually best to have some headroom for the PSU not to work too hard. XFX is an excellent PSU, and easily the best out of the bunch.

Your pc will draw as much as it needs. The psu just provides the capacity. The XFX 450 is fine.

Qai7

Reputable
Apr 16, 2015

I see. Thank you so much!

XFX it is then.