Another black screen, can't access bios

Mar 3, 2018
Home built, working fine for over a year. Had a lot of lag trying to open windows explorer so did a hard reboot and now I can't boot past the ASUS black loading screen. It says to push F2 or DEL to enter bios but it won't -- and I suspect because it can't load far enough for my is keyboard to initialize.

Now once, out of every 15 boot attempts, if I let it sit for a random amount of time (ranges from 15 minutes to 2 hours) the windows icon will start loading, but that's as far as I get. But it. Never. Stops. Trying. To. Load.

Removed the battery to clear the CMOS, fan is still running, still hear a post beep on boot and the drive still sounds like it's running, fan lights still come on.

Any suggestions of the next thing I can try?

P.S. Yes I realize this topic has been asked tome and time again on your forum, and I've considered every other answer but either none applied to my situation (or I couldn't make it apply) or it didn't work. Rather than necro one of those 7-year old threads (haven't found anything recent) I'm asking again with my relevant info.

TIA

Pentium4User

Honorable
Jun 17, 2016

Tried another stick of ram or see which ram stick is causing the issue maybe? Usually that cause long load for the bios for me on my other system.

ASK THE COMMUNITY