another cnaos empire question

The elixirs found through out the game, except for the valuable elixir,
when used do they make permanent changes or are they on a time limit?

The elixirs give you 500 experience.
The valuable elixir makes you darn near invulnerable for a time.
--
Don't Panic!

ArtDent wrote:
> The elixirs give you 500 experience.
> The valuable elixir makes you darn near invulnerable for a time.
I understand that...I am refering to the other elixers, I dont recall
the names...but i found one the other day that added +1 to energy...I
have found one before that added +1 to skill, such as that. I didn't
look to see what points were there before I clicked on the elixer so I
am not sure if the points stayed or if the were only tempary.

On 4-Apr-2005, sidekick <sidekick39spam_bust@adelphia.net> wrote:

> > The elixirs give you 500 experience.
> > The valuable elixir makes you darn near invulnerable for a time.
> I understand that...I am refering to the other elixers, I dont recall
> the names...but i found one the other day that added +1 to energy...I
> have found one before that added +1 to skill, such as that. I didn't
> look to see what points were there before I clicked on the elixer so I
> am not sure if the points stayed or if the were only tempary.

Those others are permanent also, there are six total, one each for plus
one to strength, dexterity, vitality, and energy, and also one that gives
you plus one to skills and another that gives plus 8 to stats. Me really,
really, really likes these one and all.
btw, made it to Hell over the weekend, the item level of things that are
dropping in the Blood Moor is 90, so it looks like I just snuck in with my
level 86 skellimancer (now up to 87). Heh, can be pretty tough to raise
the army if the first monsters you see are a boss and his pack. Hate
those critters that are physical AND magic immune.
--
Don't Panic!

ArtDent wrote:
> On 4-Apr-2005, sidekick <sidekick39spam_bust@adelphia.net> wrote:
>

>>>The elixirs give you 500 experience.
>>>The valuable elixir makes you darn near invulnerable for a time.
>>
>>I understand that...I am refering to the other elixers, I dont recall
>>the names...but i found one the other day that added +1 to energy...I
>>have found one before that added +1 to skill, such as that. I didn't
>>look to see what points were there before I clicked on the elixer so I
>>am not sure if the points stayed or if the were only tempary.
>

> Those others are permanent also, there are six total, one each for plus
> one to strength, dexterity, vitality, and energy, and also one that gives
> you plus one to skills and another that gives plus 8 to stats. Me really,
> really, really likes these one and all.
> btw, made it to Hell over the weekend, the item level of things that are
> dropping in the Blood Moor is 90, so it looks like I just snuck in with my
> level 86 skellimancer (now up to 87). Heh, can be pretty tough to raise
> the army if the first monsters you see are a boss and his pack. Hate
> those critters that are physical AND magic immune.
Cool! thanks for the info. It just seems that that would be too good
to be true! LOL

BTW conga rats on making it to hell....let us know how much harder it
is! LOL

On 5-Apr-2005, sidekick <sidekick39spam_bust@adelphia.net> wrote:

> Speaking of resists....I have noticed that on the 3rd page<I think> of
> the stats window, it shows the resists as being higher that the max
> shows on the first page. Without starting the game and looking now, I
> think most of my resists now are in the +150 range. I am still in
> normal and the max is 75. Does that mean that I am actually getting the
> 150 rage is resistance? Or does it stop at the 75 stated on the first
> page. If that is the case, then why list it on the 3rd page as being so
> high?

If you had memorized the readme like I have almost done (yeah, right) you
would know that you start normal with minus 25 to all resists, so you have
to actually _have_ plus 100 if you want to be _at_ plus 75 in normal.
Nightmare starts at -100 and Hell starts at -200, so, in Hell it takes
quite a few resistance charms to get up to max, even with nice equipment
that has quite a bit of resists 'built in' so to speak. Oh, and I
misremembered, I only have 2 and 7/9ths columns free for picking up stuff.
--
Don't Panic!

Art Dent wrote:

>Nightmare starts at -100 and Hell starts
>at -200, so, in Hell it takes quite a few
>resistance charms to get up to max,
>even with nice equipment that has quite
>a bit of resists 'built in' so to speak.

'Tis a good thing Um runes and sockets are easy to come by.

>Oh, and I misremembered, I only have 2
>and 7/9ths columns free for picking up
>stuff.

That's 7/9ths more (minus Horadric Cube of course) than I have. Too
bad we can't gamble charms as well as everything else. Maybe that will
be in the new patch 7.55 that just came out today.

Blue Jack Sky wrote:
> Art Dent wrote:
>

>>Nightmare starts at -100 and Hell starts
>>at -200, so, in Hell it takes quite a few
>>resistance charms to get up to max,
>>even with nice equipment that has quite
>>a bit of resists 'built in' so to speak.
>

> 'Tis a good thing Um runes and sockets are easy to come by.
>

>>Oh, and I misremembered, I only have 2
>>and 7/9ths columns free for picking up
>>stuff.
>

> That's 7/9ths more (minus Horadric Cube of course) than I have. Too
> bad we can't gamble charms as well as everything else. Maybe that will
> be in the new patch 7.55 that just came out today.

7.55?! I must check this out!

Diane

sidekick <sidekick39spam_bust@adelphia.net> wrote in news:N6ednf-
ELoItfM_fRVn-uQ@adelphia.com:

> Blue Jack Sky wrote:
>> Art Dent wrote:
>>

>>>Nightmare starts at -100 and Hell starts
>>>at -200, so, in Hell it takes quite a few
>>>resistance charms to get up to max,
>>>even with nice equipment that has quite
>>>a bit of resists 'built in' so to speak.
>>

>> 'Tis a good thing Um runes and sockets are easy to come by.
>>

>>>Oh, and I misremembered, I only have 2
>>>and 7/9ths columns free for picking up
>>>stuff.
>>

>> That's 7/9ths more (minus Horadric Cube of course) than I have. Too
>> bad we can't gamble charms as well as everything else. Maybe that
will
>> be in the new patch 7.55 that just came out today.
>>

> 7.55?! I must check this out!

I went to the website and didn't see it. What am I missing? I'm still
on 7.50. What will change if/when I update?

Diane

On 5-Apr-2005, Diane <kirchbabe1@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> I went to the website and didn't see it. What am I missing? I'm still
> on 7.50. What will change if/when I update?
>
> Diane

Ditto, went there, saw nothing available yet. I would want to see exactly
what changes were made before trying it also.
I just posted at the phrozenKeep forum asking for an url for 7.55, so
hopefully we will get a link within a day or so.
The author did say that if you have a doll stash from before 7.51 you will
have to get rid of it before updating or it will get corrupted, makes me
glad that I put the 7.51 patch in before I started at all. Hope you don't
have *too* many in there Diane. Of course you could always just stick
with 7.50 if you so desire.
--
Don't Panic!

ArtDent wrote:
> On 5-Apr-2005, Diane <kirchbabe1@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>

>>I went to the website and didn't see it. What am I missing? I'm still
>>on 7.50. What will change if/when I update?
>>
>>Diane
>

> Ditto, went there, saw nothing available yet. I would want to see exactly
> what changes were made before trying it also.
> I just posted at the phrozenKeep forum asking for an url for 7.55, so
> hopefully we will get a link within a day or so.
> The author did say that if you have a doll stash from before 7.51 you will
> have to get rid of it before updating or it will get corrupted, makes me
> glad that I put the 7.51 patch in before I started at all. Hope you don't
> have *too* many in there Diane. Of course you could always just stick
> with 7.50 if you so desire.

It was the same when I updated from 7.50 to 7.51. I forgot to get rid
of the doll stash, both characters were lost, along with all their
stuff. <grin> It seems I have lost more stuff in CE than I ever even
collected in normal Diablo.

> ArtDent wrote:
>> On 5-Apr-2005, Diane <kirchbabe1@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>>

>>>I went to the website and didn't see it. What am I missing? I'm
>>>still on 7.50. What will change if/when I update?
>>>
>>>Diane
>>

>> Ditto, went there, saw nothing available yet. I would want to see
>> exactly what changes were made before trying it also.
>> I just posted at the phrozenKeep forum asking for an url for 7.55, so
>> hopefully we will get a link within a day or so.
>> The author did say that if you have a doll stash from before 7.51 you
>> will have to get rid of it before updating or it will get corrupted,
>> makes me glad that I put the 7.51 patch in before I started at all.
>> Hope you don't have *too* many in there Diane. Of course you could
>> always just stick with 7.50 if you so desire.
>

> It was the same when I updated from 7.50 to 7.51. I forgot to get rid
> of the doll stash, both characters were lost, along with all their
> stuff. <grin> It seems I have lost more stuff in CE than I ever even
> collected in normal Diablo.

It's sounding a lot like I'll stick with 7.50 unless there's something
"mighty mighty" special about 7.55 which makes it worth giving up my
doll stash, lol.

Diane

Diane wrote:

>It's sounding a lot like I'll stick with 7.50
>unless there's something "mighty mighty"
>special about 7.55 which makes it worth
>giving up my doll stash, lol.

>Diane

There wasn't an updated readme with changes etc. I went to install CE
7.51 on my second computer yesterday and instead of being able to get
into online games etc. I had a corrupted d2 file. I ended up having to
do a complete Diablo2LOD reinstall. I had figured it was a problem with
the 7.51 patch so I went looking to see if there was a new version, and
apparently 7.50 and 7.51 are now combined into one zip file. I don't
know what other changes have been made, I do know that there was a
complete ladder reset.

Diane

MrBlueSky1@webtv.net (Blue Jack Sky) wrote in news:816-425425FB-546
@storefull-3251.bay.webtv.net:

> Diane wrote:
>
>>It's sounding a lot like I'll stick with 7.50
>>unless there's something "mighty mighty"
>>special about 7.55 which makes it worth
>>giving up my doll stash, lol.
>
>>Diane
>
> There wasn't an updated readme with changes etc. I went to install
CE
> 7.51 on my second computer yesterday and instead of being able to get
> into online games etc. I had a corrupted d2 file. I ended up having
> do a complete Diablo2LOD reinstall. I had figured it was a problem
with
> the 7.51 patch so I went looking to see if there was a new version,
and
> apparently 7.50 and 7.51 are now combined into one zip file. I don't
> know what other changes have been made, I do know that there was a
> complete ladder reset.

Thanks for the info. I also heard that there were some other game
changes like the fact that you can't cube the rejuvs 1-1 in 7.51. Is
this correct?

Whenever someone gets the new 7.55 installed, if there is a new 7.55,
please post the game changes so we can determine whether it's "safe" to
download the upgrade or not.

Diane

Diane wrote:
> MrBlueSky1@webtv.net (Blue Jack Sky) wrote in news:816-425425FB-546
> @storefull-3251.bay.webtv.net:
>

>>Diane wrote:
>>

>>>It's sounding a lot like I'll stick with 7.50
>>>unless there's something "mighty mighty"
>>>special about 7.55 which makes it worth
>>>giving up my doll stash, lol.
>>
>>>Diane
>>
>>There wasn't an updated readme with changes etc. I went to install
>
> CE
>
>>7.51 on my second computer yesterday and instead of being able to get
>>into online games etc. I had a corrupted d2 file. I ended up having

>>do a complete Diablo2LOD reinstall. I had figured it was a problem
>
> with
>
>>the 7.51 patch so I went looking to see if there was a new version,
>
> and
>
>>apparently 7.50 and 7.51 are now combined into one zip file. I don't
>>know what other changes have been made, I do know that there was a
>>complete ladder reset.
>>

> Thanks for the info. I also heard that there were some other game
> changes like the fact that you can't cube the rejuvs 1-1 in 7.51. Is
> this correct?
>
> Whenever someone gets the new 7.55 installed, if there is a new 7.55,
> please post the game changes so we can determine whether it's "safe" to
> download the upgrade or not.
>
> Diane
About the rejuvs. I know that after I upgraded, I can no longer do them
at 1:1. So far the only advantage I have found is that by upgrading you
can now play online. However, since I mostly <all most always> play
either tcp/ip or sp, I don t see a real advantage. I wish I had stayed
at 7.50, if for nothing more than the 1:1 rejuv cubing! LOL

Diane

sidekick <sidekick39spam_bust@adelphia.net> wrote in news:d_
6dnR0QVN_nrMnfRVn-hA@adelphia.com:

> Diane wrote:
>> MrBlueSky1@webtv.net (Blue Jack Sky) wrote in news:816-425425FB-546
>> @storefull-3251.bay.webtv.net:

>>>There wasn't an updated readme with changes etc. I went to install
>>
>> CE
>>
>>>7.51 on my second computer yesterday and instead of being able to get
>>>into online games etc. I had a corrupted d2 file. I ended up having

>>>do a complete Diablo2LOD reinstall. I had figured it was a problem
>>
>> with
>>
>>>the 7.51 patch so I went looking to see if there was a new version,
>>
>> and
>>
>>>apparently 7.50 and 7.51 are now combined into one zip file. I don't
>>>know what other changes have been made, I do know that there was a
>>>complete ladder reset.
>>>

>> Thanks for the info. I also heard that there were some other game
>> changes like the fact that you can't cube the rejuvs 1-1 in 7.51. Is
>> this correct?
>>
>> Whenever someone gets the new 7.55 installed, if there is a new 7.55,
>> please post the game changes so we can determine whether it's "safe"
>> download the upgrade or not.
>>
>> Diane
> About the rejuvs. I know that after I upgraded, I can no longer do
them
> at 1:1. So far the only advantage I have found is that by upgrading
you
> can now play online. However, since I mostly <all most always> play
> either tcp/ip or sp, I don t see a real advantage. I wish I had
stayed
> at 7.50, if for nothing more than the 1:1 rejuv cubing! LOL

Aha! You're making my mind up for me, lol.

Diane wrote:
> sidekick <sidekick39spam_bust@adelphia.net> wrote in news:d_
> 6dnR0QVN_nrMnfRVn-hA@adelphia.com:
>

>>Diane wrote:
>>
>>>MrBlueSky1@webtv.net (Blue Jack Sky) wrote in news:816-425425FB-546
>>>@storefull-3251.bay.webtv.net:

>>>CE

>>>with

>>>and

>>>Thanks for the info. I also heard that there were some other game
>>>changes like the fact that you can't cube the rejuvs 1-1 in 7.51. Is
>>>this correct?
>>>
>>>Whenever someone gets the new 7.55 installed, if there is a new 7.55,
>>>please post the game changes so we can determine whether it's "safe"

>>>download the upgrade or not.
>>>
>>>Diane
>>
>>About the rejuvs. I know that after I upgraded, I can no longer do
>
> them
>
>>at 1:1. So far the only advantage I have found is that by upgrading
>
> you
>
>>can now play online. However, since I mostly <all most always> play
>>either tcp/ip or sp, I don t see a real advantage. I wish I had
>
> stayed
>
>>at 7.50, if for nothing more than the 1:1 rejuv cubing! LOL
>>

> Aha! You're making my mind up for me, lol.

Hmmmm.....I wonder if there is a way to revert back to 7.50 short of
uninstalling the mod and re-installing? If I do that, do I need to
move my game save file during the process?

sidekick wrote:

>About the rejuvs. I know that after I
>upgraded, I can no longer do them at
>1:1. So far the only advantage I have
>found is that by upgrading you can now
>play online.

I think that's the only advantage, being able to play online. Now in
order to play online one has to upgrade to v7.55, I had to upgrade 7.51
to 7.55 in order to get online.

I haven't had much of a problem with finding full rejuvies. Once you
have enough dolls in the dolls stash to get the find potion skill, it's
easy to hork a bunch out of dead monsters. I always have a full belt of
full rejuvies, no messy cubing. Since the stash and inventory is so
small I usually just keep my eggs in there and cube them as I go.

>However, since I mostly <all most
>always> play either tcp/ip or sp, I don t
>see a real advantage. I wish I had stayed
>at 7.50, if for nothing more than the 1:1
>rejuv cubing! LOL

You should be able to revert to 7.50 since the file is still on the
chaos empire page at planet diablo. I found the 7.55 file by accident
on the Chaos Empire 'downloads' page link from the sidebar, which is all
in German.

I did end up in the Crypt earlier today, I was mucking about in the
blood moor when all of a sudden lighting started coming out of the sky
and then a portal formed that went to the Crypt. It was full of Burning
Souls and Temple Guards (none of which look anything remotely like they
did before) and a bunch of other weird looking monsters. I don't know
if this was part of the upgrade or not, but it seemed to go on forever.
My level 4 druid was dead in about .5 seconds so I came back with my
level 78 necro and explored.

Wish I had taken a screen shot. Maybe next time.

On 6-Apr-2005, sidekick <sidekick39spam_bust@adelphia.net> wrote:

> Hmmmm.....I wonder if there is a way to revert back to 7.50 short of
> uninstalling the mod and re-installing? If I do that, do I need to
> move my game save file during the process?

This type of question probably ought to be asked over at:
http://phrozenkeep.it-point.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=104
The author of the mod answers questions over there. (as long as the answer
is not in the readme)
<netcop mode on>
ps. don't you believe in snipping? Between you and Diane there are almost
more empty lines than there are lines with text in your post.
<netcop mode off>
Erm... blame it on the Vogons again?
--
Don't Panic!