Question Another CSM disable problem

Feb 1, 2022
Hi everyone,

I'll be breif, I'm trying to disable CSM Support so I can enable Secure boot. When doing so and rebooting the mobo makes 5 short beeps, doesn't show bios, then logs into windows (sometimes) like normal.

I suspect it have something to do with my RTX 2060 (just in case, i'm using HDMI) so I took it off and plugged an old GTX 760, by doing so everything works great, CSM disabled and I can enter to BIOS. If I leave this config and plug the RTX 2060 back in, it happens the same as before.

This GPU can run without CSM as it have a UEFI module so I don't know.

Full system specs:

AORUS Z390 elite (F10 bios update)
MSI RTX 2060 Ventus (511.65 drivers)
i5 9400f + Hyper 212 Cooler
Team group SSD GX1 480gb
Team T-Force Dark 16GB (2x8GB) 2666MHz DDR4
WD Blue 1TB HDD
Windows 11 Pro 21H2
PSU Thermaltake TR2 700w (5 years old)

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
You forgot to mention the make and model of the PSU and it's age. As for the motherboard, have you tried clearing the CMOS? Disconnect the system from the wall and display, remove the CMOS battery for at least 30 minutes and if the system is yet in the case with the front panel connectors on, press and hold the power button for 30 seconds to drain any residual power on the board. Replace the CMOS battery and see if the issue is alleviated.

Feb 1, 2022
You forgot to mention the make and model of the PSU and it's age. As for the motherboard, have you tried clearing the CMOS? Disconnect the system from the wall and display, remove the CMOS battery for at least 30 minutes and if the system is yet in the case with the front panel connectors on, press and hold the power button for 30 seconds to drain any residual power on the board. Replace the CMOS battery and see if the issue is alleviated.
Sorry about that! Now the PSU is on the spec list. If I clear the CMOS by removing the battery, BIOS goes to default, CSM gets enable and everything works fine. I can't get to run the bios and OS with the rtx 2060 and CSM disable.

Latest posts