Another Ghost Recon Future Soldier Issue

shaggs2riches

Honorable
Jul 25, 2012
I'm playing GRFS and it has been running smooth for a few days of game play. One thing I quickly realized the day I installed it was that it would only run smooth if I left my Windows Aero theme turned on while playing. If I turned it off, the game would give me a message (there is no disc in the drive), take forever to load and only get 24fps. Tonight when I loaded the game I got that message and the game loaded to a minimized icon in my taskbar. I clicked on it and the game went to full window and ran the way it did when I had turned off Aero theme. I closed out and tried again, this time I notice that the game is automatically closing out Aero and going to a classic theme. That would be why the game is acting up (or so I think).

Is there any reason for the game to start doing this on its own without me telling it to?? How do I force it to run with Aero running all the time because obviously something has changed so it no longer is? Forgive me if this is a simple problem or if it has already been solved in another thread somewhere. Any other thread I found related to GRFS issues seemed to be of different nature.

Thank You Very Much in advance
Shaggs

Solution
hmm, thats weird, i have similar rig as yours, and indeed the theme changes to classic aero, i tested it last night with latest patches and it has some poor performance too, so am guessing thats GRFS problem.

RyQril

Distinguished
May 11, 2012
can you post your pc specs?

the aero changes while in games might be the possible of low ram issue, either a Vram or Rams, the windows automatically changes to classic theme when having this issue, the aero classic uses low ram resources from gpu and rams.

shaggs2riches

Honorable
Jul 25, 2012
Yep here they are:

AMD Phenom ii X4 945
8GB Crucial Ballistix DDR2 800mhz
Nvidia GTX 560ti 448cores Classified Ultra
Creative X-Fi Fatality Champion
ASUS M2N-e motherboard with latest bios updates to support the 945
ACEPOWER 80PLUS 800watt PSU
Coolermaster HAF922 Case
Coolermaster V8 cpu cooler
Windows 7 64bit all up to date

RyQril

Distinguished
May 11, 2012
hmm, thats weird, i have similar rig as yours, and indeed the theme changes to classic aero, i tested it last night with latest patches and it has some poor performance too, so am guessing thats GRFS problem.

Solution

shaggs2riches

Honorable
Jul 25, 2012
Yeah I don't know why the game is having so much issues since its release, but it looks like I might wait a bit and hope another patch comes out. Sucks to buy a game play it a bit and then have it go all craptastic when a patch comes out. Then you gotta wait till they fix those problems they created. Thanks again, I'm glad I'm not the only one to see this change.