[SOLVED] Another GPU Upgrade question of opinions.

May 15, 2020
Hi. So basically im looking for upgrade opinions on my GPU, budget around 350-400€. I have been considering the GTX 1070 or the RTX 2060 but not exactly sure what kind of performance upgrades i could expect,so opinions and experiences are welcome!

Current build is:
CPU: Ryzen 5 2600
GPU: Asus GTX 1060 3gb
Mobo: B450M-HDV R4,0
RAM: Corsair vengeance lpx ddr4 3200 mhz
PSU: General Corsair 600+

Playing on 1080p,while i can maintain that 50-60 FPS most of the time,Im using a 144hz monitor so aiming for that higher FPS.

Example games at the moment:
Resident evil 2&3 Remake
Planetside 2
Devil may cry 5
Fallout 4

Solution
Okay, no worries then. Get the non-super SKU instead.

Also, that CX PSU model is an okay-ish average power supply unit. Should work on the RTX card as well, but since its old and you have already used it for quite some time, then you can grab a much better higher quality PSU.

I usually recommend buying the following Models, if possible. Though, your current CX unit will also work IMO.

I would recommend you to get the following PSU models and brands. These are high quality units. Look for similar SKUs.

SEASONIC PRIME, and Prime Ultra, or FOCUS Plus GOLD, Focus Plus Platinum.

CORSAIR AXi, RMi, RMx 550/650W, SF, HX 2017, HXi.

FSP - Hydro PTM 550/650W.

Cooler Master - MasterWatt Maker MiJ, V...
May 15, 2020
Get the RTX 2060 Super, or the plain non-super RTX 2060 GPU, if you can afford one of these. This card is going to be slightly future-proof as well, should you plan to upgrade your Monitor.

What's the exact model number of this PSU ?

Yeah i would probably end up with the non super model. The PSU is a Corsair CX600. Might have to upgrade that aswell since it's also getting rather old.

Also, that CX PSU model is an okay-ish average power supply unit. Should work on the RTX card as well, but since its old and you have already used it for quite some time, then you can grab a much better higher quality PSU.

I usually recommend buying the following Models, if possible. Though, your current CX unit will also work IMO.

I would recommend you to get the following PSU models and brands. These are high quality units. Look for similar SKUs.

Cooler Master - MasterWatt Maker MiJ, V series 550/650W.

Antec - High Current Pro, High Current Platinum, Earthwatts Pro Gold, HCG Gold.

Super Flower - Leadex Gold II.

be Quiet! - Dark Power Pro 11, Straight Power 11, Dark Power Pro P10.

EVGA -Supernova G1+, GQ, P2, T2, G2, B2, BQ =>750.

Last edited:
Solution
May 15, 2020

Cooler Master - MasterWatt Maker MiJ, V series 550/650W.

Antec - High Current Pro, High Current Platinum, Earthwatts Pro Gold, HCG Gold.

Super Flower - Leadex Gold II.

be Quiet! - Dark Power Pro 11, Straight Power 11, Dark Power Pro P10.

EVGA -Supernova G1+, GQ, P2, T2, G2, B2, BQ =>750.

Thank you very much! This will be very helpful. Will have to take a look on thos PSU's and find one that fits me.

Reactions: Metal Messiah.
Feb 26, 2021
Honestly with that cpu you might only see a small increase in fps if any at all . If playing on max settings you will see a small increase but if your going for more fps overall a stronger GPU with that cpu won't be much of a difference .