Another InstaGib CTF aimbot demo...

user

Splendid

Cheaters....true or not? Well, here is the proof!

Here is Another InstaGib CTF aimbot demo...Pretty cool to watch.
I was playing Instagib CTF last night, when i noticed that one of my
teammates was.....Godlike!
So i went spec, and I have a demo for you. First half is ok, second half
make sure you hit ESC to make the menu go away, i minimized the game to make
sure that I was really recording the demo. There is a bit of stutter in the
second half, nevertheless, you can see for yourself.
I have two of them, the second later on.
Is there anything that can be done against such players?

More to read about it and get the video at http://www.domclan.com

Enjoy!

> Cheaters....true or not? Well, here is the proof!
>
> Here is Another InstaGib CTF aimbot demo...Pretty cool to watch.
> I was playing Instagib CTF last night, when i noticed that one of my
> teammates was.....Godlike!

Wow, that was a pretty crazy video.

> Is there anything that can be done against such players?

Was the server running AntiTCC? ... Alternatively (and I forgot to
check, so I honestly don't know), were you playing a custom map that
possibly might have code to allow aim bots for certain player names?

Kris

user

Splendid

i dont think it was running antittc.
there should ne need for this community software, where is the epci games
now?

"Kris Vorwerk" <nothanks@noonehere.org> wrote in message
> > Cheaters....true or not? Well, here is the proof!
> >
> > Here is Another InstaGib CTF aimbot demo...Pretty cool to watch.
> > I was playing Instagib CTF last night, when i noticed that one of my
> > teammates was.....Godlike!
>

> Wow, that was a pretty crazy video.
>

> > Is there anything that can be done against such players?
>
> Was the server running AntiTCC? ... Alternatively (and I forgot to
> check, so I honestly don't know), were you playing a custom map that
> possibly might have code to allow aim bots for certain player names?
>

> Kris

> i dont think it was running antittc.
> there should ne need for this community software, where is the epci games
> now?

I totally agree -- there shouldn't be a need for community-driven anti-
cheat mechanisms. I think that a "strict" mode should be built into the
game. (Correct me if this already exists.)

I think the onus should be on Epic to incorporate better anti-cheating
mechanisms into their software. At the same time, UT2004 is basically a
runtime execution engine for user code, and trying to develop a system
that simultaneously gives users this kind of flexibility *and* still
prevent cheating is undoubtedly difficult...

Kris

>> i dont think it was running antittc.
>> there should ne need for this community software, where is the epci games
>> now?
>

> I totally agree -- there shouldn't be a need for community-driven anti-
> cheat mechanisms. I think that a "strict" mode should be built into the
> game. (Correct me if this already exists.)
>
> I think the onus should be on Epic to incorporate better anti-cheating
> mechanisms into their software. At the same time, UT2004 is basically a
> runtime execution engine for user code, and trying to develop a system
> that simultaneously gives users this kind of flexibility *and* still
> prevent cheating is undoubtedly difficult...
>

> Kris

We had a pretty good round-table discussion on this issue a month or two
ago. I advanced the same idea as you user, that cheating is rampant but the
cheaters are doing exactly what you suspect: playing the bots much more
discreetly. I've kept up with the cheating community and there's a hell of a
lot of interest for there to be damn few cheaters.

user

Splendid

you guys saw the movie, imagine that guy just idleing the flag, and shootng
blind. nobody would touch the flag, and that is pretty good defense.
go out from time to time, jump, dodge just for the hell of it, suicide, no
killing sprees, no godlikes.....who would know until you hit a protected
server.
too bad that these ppl ruin the game for others.
I posted this on atari forums, of course, somebody from the admins was there
in less than 15 min to lock up my thread and send me to a forum, read only
topic that report this and that and we will take action.
i think that they got their money now, who cares until the next
release...but this thing is not new, anti cheat mods were only from the
community since the 1st unreal.
my 2 cents.