[SOLVED] Another Linux noob question -Keyboards

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chuffedas

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2009
Hi all,
I am pretty keen to get Linux going.
(I was going with Cinnamon Mint)

I tried before and messed something right up.
I think (well, someone suggested that it might have been my cables not on properly)
Anyway, I fresh installed windows and went to start again.

I have a drive set aside for me to play with Linux. I went to boot from disk and my keyboard stopped working.

Looked into it. I have just picked up my first MK (Corsair Strafe).
Apparently that is a no go.
Anyway, I am thinking I might build my own keyboard from cheap spares if I can. (quite fancy a 60% or 68.

Is there a work around for this, or a list of keyboards and pcbs that you can use?
Or have I read the wrong posts?

Solution
No problem, glad to help. I thought it apply to Windows 7 too, if it doesn't find a tutorial that does follow instructions closely.

Again because you're coming from a Windows background I'd suggest using Linux as a guest in a Virtual Machine on Windows for a while and afterwards start by installing a distro (of your choice) as a standalone OS.

Running a Windows guest inside a Linux depends on your system resources (hardware) such as number of CPU cores or the amount of RAM to let the virtual machine use. Many Linux distros (specially lighter ones) can run smoothly with 1GB RAM but for Windows you need at least 2-4GB from Windows 7 forwards.

Good luck anyway.
Status
Not open for further replies.