Apr 29, 2020
I have just upgraded my Case, Motherboard and added a few new fans and an RGB controller, and while attempting to boot the PC up for the first time after building, I get fan power, all RGBs light up (RAM takes unusually long, but most of the time gets there in the end), but I don't get a beep code, unless I remove the RAM, then I get the obvious beep code... I have run through the no-post checklist, and the only thing I haven't tried is re-seating the CPU. Specs are as follows:

Motherboard: Asus Prime X570-P (Brand new, untested)
CPU: Ryzen 7 2700X (known working the day before)
RAM: HyperX Fury RGB DDR4 16GB@3200htz (known working & swapped out for new single stick)
PSU: Corsair VS650 (known as working & adequate for build)
GFX Card: Asus RX5700 (Known working & Swapped out for alternate)
Storage:
M.2: Sabrent Rocket PCIe4.0 1TB (boot drive)
SATA: Seagate 2TB Hybrid SSHD
Case: H500M (New, RGB controller inc.)

As said, I am getting power to all fans, the RGB on the MB chipset heatsink Lights up, RGB keyboard blights up, and stays on after soft shutdown, until I cut power. The screen responds to system power up, by telling me it's not getting signal, and the fans seem to be speeding up progressively, then dropping down to 20%, then slowly speeding back up to full speed, or at least the Wraith Prism, which is the noisy one; repeats every 5 seconds.

Could this be a result of a CPU/BIOS version mismatch? I have a brand new Athalon 3000G I could try in, but it's almost of fiddling around, and I am lazy...

Typing this on my phone for obvious reasons, so sorry about typos or lack of proofreading. Any suggestions for things to check would be nice, no matter how obvious (yes, even "check the 8 pin ATX is fitted")

I normally get a well composed response within a few minutes on here, even for unimportant posts, so I hope there is someone out there who knows how to computer.

Solution
Found the solution after breadboarding it... Apparently the reset switch was shorting out on the motherboard, so unplugging that worked a charm. For this particular case and it's included RGB Controller, the reset switch is also used for plugging into the RBG controller, to allow the user to change the scheme, so I put it back where it belongs, instead of where it "should" go.

I won't delete this post, as it may help others (I really just mean when I forget this next time I rebuild and come looking for answers...), And to serve as a monument to my questionable intelligence...
Apr 29, 2020
Found the solution after breadboarding it... Apparently the reset switch was shorting out on the motherboard, so unplugging that worked a charm. For this particular case and it's included RGB Controller, the reset switch is also used for plugging into the RBG controller, to allow the user to change the scheme, so I put it back where it belongs, instead of where it "should" go.

I won't delete this post, as it may help others (I really just mean when I forget this next time I rebuild and come looking for answers...), And to serve as a monument to my questionable intelligence...

Solution

TRENDING THREADS