Another "No Video Input"

SirBeast

Reputable
Mar 31, 2015
Hello everyone! I'm on this site everytime when i come across issues with my Pc since this site has really awesome solutions. (I'm sorry for my poor english and writting in same collumn, damn android)

Problem

My PC froze, sound was in loop, and my GPU got fried, with flame/spark, smoke.
After that i tried to hook up my monitor to mobo's iGPU. While my gpu was out of pc and enjoying in Garbage can. It booted nicely, worked like a charm for 3-4 hours till i decided to shut down the PC. Next time i pressed Power button No Video Input showed on monitor.

- Steps I took
* Clearing Cmos via jumpers, removing battery for 12+hrs
* Re-seating Ram in slots
* Powering on without RAM
* Taking out all components except CPU,PSU, and ofc mobo xD And trying to boot.
* Paperclip trick with PSU - worked fine.
* switched MOBO- same issue
* tried with other PSU that worked before in my PC, same thing happens.
* Monitor tested on other system, system tested with other display. Nothing. Original monitor works tho. Same cables used.
* Tried holding Power button for 30 - 60 seconds while having power cord unplugged.

Can someone tell me what component is bad here?
If GPU sparked and broke with smoke, was it PSU's fault? If it was - is it smart to buy new GPU and test it with same PSU?? D:
reminder
Psu passed paperclip test.. at this point hdd led isnt blinking, by that i mean it isnt working, rest leds working and coolers/fans running..
Shouldnt PC use by default iGPU when no gpu added to PCI-e slot? o_O Without any additional setting in bios/windows..
So yea, " No Video Input " leds working, fans working properly..

Config that went to hell:

* Sapphire 7750HD 1GD5
* Amd Athlon X4 640 3.0Ghz
* Asrock n68c-gs fx
* 2x 4 Gb ddr 3 on 1600MHz
* lc power lc600h 600w
* 500gb hdd
* Philips lcd "24

New mobo i tried was Asus m5a78l-m lx3

Im really clueless. Should i buy new gpu and try it with this psu ? Or perhaps CPU?
It's like something is cooked but while testing, everything is K.

Thanks in advance.

Solution
Try new PSU

The PSU seems very unreliable. If the seconday motherboard you used was new, then I would assume the PSU. Switch out the older PSU and use a new one and try the dedicated graphics once more. The PSU doesnt need to be new, but make sure its from a reputable brand.

Jcomptech

Reputable
Aug 11, 2014
Try new PSU

The PSU seems very unreliable. If the seconday motherboard you used was new, then I would assume the PSU. Switch out the older PSU and use a new one and try the dedicated graphics once more. The PSU doesnt need to be new, but make sure its from a reputable brand.

Solution

SirBeast

Reputable
Mar 31, 2015
Oh yea, just now something poped in my head, if this psu is bad as you said it might be, is there a chance it could ****'d my new mobo in process? I mean, mobo had green light bulb on it... so i don't actually know :O Nothing happened. Just asking :O

Jcomptech

Reputable
Aug 11, 2014

That is exactly what I am thinking.

Just think about it:

You use two different motherboards and couldn't get video signal with the iGPU or even the dedicated GPU. So I would say try PSU. If that does not work, try replacing CPU.

SirBeast

Reputable
Mar 31, 2015
IT works! Bought new psu lc power 600W just to give it a test. Bought few new parts also since cpu got fried along with gpu... All caused by low budget psu.. Will change to some better psu next month. XD

Jcomptech

Reputable
Aug 11, 2014

Awesome! Glad to be of service!