Question Another OC question

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
I finally read and found some advice that got me a good, stable overclock that doesn't produce temps that are problematic. In addition to the clock speed I knew the chip would run at/at voltage I found that I had to set the CPU and SCO Load Line calibration up to "level 1". So now I have a nice stable 3.9ghz OC on my 1700. ASRock Taichi X370 mobo

My next "wondering" is this.

When it's at stock clocks I notice that when the chip isn't under load it will throttle back it's frequency to roughly half it's stock clock speed. So for instance it's normal clock is 3ghz, when under little use it will commonly be at 1.45ghz until it needs to be more.
I have noted that since doing this OC that the least it will throttle back to now is 3.4ghz regardless of utilization.

Is there some other setting or place that will have it act like it does on stock clock in that regard as say a percentage of base clock speed?
I checked in the advanced power settings and it's the same there as before, so figure it must be something else in BIOS I need to tweak?