Another One Billion Yahoo Accounts Were Exposed In 2013 Breach

Status
Not open for further replies.

problematiq

Reputable
Dec 8, 2015
If my company was popped, and my database was stolen with MD5 hashed passwords, I would probably fake my own death and live my life on some secluded island.

Oy!

Yahoo is trying to put themselves out of business. If you did something about this after the initial announcement of the 2014 breech, you may have already done enough, but it doesn't hurt to play it safe.

As to the given advice: uh, DUH! If everyone followed it everyday, phishing attacks wouldn't be as effective as they currently are.

problematiq

Reputable
Dec 8, 2015
I would like to see an article done about comparing password managers, as well as a" how to guide" for them. I use one and it rocks, but more people need to learn not to use the same password across multiple sites.

I truly wonder if there was really a hack, or if Yahoo! secretly sold user information to some unknown entity? Regardless, I have since changed my password from 1234567890, to 0987654321. So if any of you out there are using this same password of mine, maybe add a letter in there to make it different. Just a heads up! Y'all stay secure!

laststop311

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2010
i use gmail. Only for convenience. It integrates well with all of googles other services such as android, youtube etc. It just makes accessing email the easiest and least unobtrusive. Basically turns emails into texts on ur phone automatically without any real work other than typing ur google account in the phone when u first power it up. Every stupid naive tech user can just pick up gmail and poof it works. It may not be encrypted but I have secure trusted pgp keys with the people i need to have them from so even if the servers r hacked all they will see from my sensitive messages are scrambled up random letters and numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.