Another one of those threads.

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

appleshaq

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2011
Hi everyone :hello:

I am buying my computer by the end of this week :D and I need to now ASAP what GPU configuration I should get.

I will be gaming at 1080p on a 24" monitor ( http://www.asus.com/Display/LCD_Monitors/VS248H/ ) and would like to know your opinions.

What should I get?

2 x 560 Ti's in SLI.

1 x 580 with no plans of future SLI.

I want to max (I mean MAX out to the limits) out every current game and future games (BF3, MW3, Skyrim ect...). So taking into account my monitor resolution, would you suggest a 580 or 2 x 560 Ti's in SLI?

Thanks and please bomb bard me with opinions, links and comments.

Solution
Get 2 x 560ti 2gb models , faster and better than a single GTX 580 and will keep you good for awile, the 2gb vram will come in handy with the newer games.

appleshaq

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2011
Sorry to drag this on a lot (I just don't want to make the wrong decision) but what would be the 2GB 560 Ti card?

Thanks, I'm thinking I could save a lot of money if there is a good performance 2GB card instead of spending an extra ~$200 on 570 in SLI and ~$50 for a better PSU.

Thanks!

appleshaq

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2011
Are there any reviews on this, I can't seem to find any. The only reason I didn't like this option was because it didn't have the Twin Frozr III cooler.

Thanks and 560 Ti's in SLI will MAX BF3 out won't it?

monsta

Splendid
I have yet to see any reviews of any 560ti 2gb cards for BF3, seen some other reviews of them for other games and there appears to not have much difference to the 1gb.
To run BF3 at Ultra settings its best to have that 2GB vram even tho the 1GB card doesn't show any difference in performance to it in other less demanding games.
With 2 560ti 2gb in SLI you will achieve Ultra settings

monsta

Splendid
Yup I'm in Sydney. I use pccasegear myself , they have a lot of good products and their prices are reasonable.
They will be out at the end of this month, definately worth the wait as they will be faster and very close to the performance of a 570, something you really should consider.

monsta

Splendid
You could do it, and probably get even better performance than my older system.
It plays at Ultra level on single player quite well , but when you are online playing Multi player you do get some stutter here and there depending on the map.

My recomendation tho is to go with more vram ,even tho it plays quite well it feels like it needs more punch to make it perfect.

appleshaq

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2011
Now I am considering getting a GTX 580 because of the extra 500MB of VRAM. Also I don't need as much power with a 580 by itself and it will produce less heat and cause better airflow.

This is what I had in mind: http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=17070

Plus I read that it can do ultra settings at my resolution at 55fps in average I think? Which is not even noticeable because anything over 30fps is noticeable right?

Thanks and tell me what you think.

appleshaq

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2011
Yeah, I agree. Thanks for your help + with the 580 I am getting, I'm sure I can push that 55fps up to 60+?

Thanks, and I think 1.5gb of Vram should last me around 2 years right?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.