Another question about moving boot records

Jul 15, 2018
I've read a number of threads about moving the windows 10 boot record from one drive to another and I still can't figure out what I should do in my case. I've tried a bunch of things and I'm afraid I'm going to make it worse so it is time for me to ask for help. "Help!"

My system has 3 drives: a 3T HDD that isn't relevant; a 500GB 970 EVO M.2 that has Windows 10 on it; and a 240GB SSD that somehow has the boot record. I need to remove the SSD from the system but it (obviously) won't boot without moving the MBR.

Here is the current situation as MiniTool Partition shows it: https://imgur.com/a/3zWH2Mb

What steps do I need to take to get Disk 3 be my bootable drive so I can remove Disk 1 completely?

Any help is very appreciated.

Jul 15, 2018
Too much was messed up. Was using legacy MBR, which was on the wrong drive. Couldn't get it over the the M.2 drive. Couldn't get the partition on the M.2 repaired as bootable or converted to GPT. So I extended the main partition on the M.2 to take up all of the space, removed the SSD and the HDD, changed the BIOS to UEFI only (not UEFI-legacy), and am reinstalling Windows. This should make the M.2 fully bootable and use UEFI and GPT. It's a pain but... whatcha gonna do? :)